Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9 inch coil time frame

Same here not budging on it if I can't have the 9 inch coil I'll just get a refund.This situation where you can only get the 11 inch coil or you have to wait three times longer is really starting to get to me.
It's all about making money I believe they ship out lots with the 11" knowing lots of people even me would rather have the 9 that way they XP can make more money selling the most wanted 9" coil afterwards.
Mark

It's all about making money I believe they ship out lots with the 11" knowing lots of people even me would rather have the 9 that way they XP can make more money selling the most wanted 9" coil afterwards.
Mark
It's a terrible strategy if you are correct! Upset all your long time loyal users with a one sided role out. Wasn't the appeal of the new machine that it was a simultaneous multi frequency machine that could separate as well as the original deus?With the 11 inch coil this isn't the case.I love my original deus and they make wonderful products but come on xp you are better than this!!!!!

Last edited:
I guess I'm the lucky one. My dealer received two, a 9" & 11".
I was second on the list and wanted the 9" but number one said they wanted it.
Got a call when they were delivered and the #1 guy backed out and I got the 9".
I don't know how the 11" will work in my sites, but I'll still be picking one up in the future.
The 9" does separate as well or better than the Deus1 9".
I'm still getting used to the learning curve but enjoying the challenge.
I certainly hope that XP gets this supply chain thing worked out.
I would rather see tips on programing and finds

I ordered a 9 but told my dealer if one comes in w/ an 11, I'd take it. . . .don't pass me by because of no 9's coming in, he said OK.

I ordered a 9 but told my dealer if one comes in w/ an 11, I'd take it. . . .don't pass me by because of no 9's coming in, he said OK.
Exactly what I did and a lot of others only i already had the 11” coil on order as second coil- only wanted the 9” with the machine. Waiting now for 9” coil.

I just don't need a 11 inch coil. I relic hunt in the woods in heavy iron and I already have a equinox with a 11 inch coil also if I pre order a set of headphones and they come in three different colors I wouldn't expect to wait three times longer because I ordered the yellow color option instead of the red color optionI know it's not the best example but hope it conveyed my point.

I'll quit crying about it though and try to be more patient
I’m gonna stop complaining about it too but it does serve a purpose if it gets back to XP so they step up production on the 9” version machine and coil by itself. I keep emailing XP asking for a time frame also ( although they aren’t responding) enem so I am choosing to believe they know about it and are working on the deficit. I’m going to send another email and ask why they aren’t responding.

Give the group the XP email address and all of us will send an email asking that question.

Give the group the email address and all of us will send an email asking that question
I think I got about three weeks of patience left no xp by then I'll just stick with my original xp,ctx and equinox with all that I really prob don't need one anyways

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered a 9" but then later told my dealer that I'd take an 11" if that's all they get. I do a lot of beach hunting so I planned on getting both coils anyway, but the 9" is definitely a must.

Personally, I'm looking for the 9"x5" for the D2. I think the 11' and the 9x5 make a powerful combination.
I've read there won't be a 9x5 elliptical coil. New processor and innards, which are mounted in the coil, are too big for the space available. Bigger battery too. (Which was remote in the shaft on the 9x5) .

As for other comments about the roll out, 9" and 11" coil volumes, I'd be surprised if XP 'guessed' that the Deus II demand would be enough for buyers to purchase a controller / coil combo they don't want just to get one in hand. More likely, XP based their first production runs on previous Deus buyers selections with consideration towards the new waterproof features and likely interest from beach hunters. (Larger coils for the beach crowd). Just my own estimation.

As always, make sure of purchase decisions before you . . . decide / commit. Make sure the fit is right. Impulsive decisions usually end up in the Classified Forum looking for a new home.

Just the world according to me.

Oh, and I'm waiting for a 9" version. The 9" x35 was my favorite coil for my original Deus. Gonna see how D2 does with the 9" FMF and IF I like the performance, I can expand from there. I have another detector to use that is a favorite while I wait.

Rich

I don't think XP purposely is running out the Deus with 11" coils to get one to buy the 9" later. I do believe, though, they made two mistakes in the over all rollout. They under estimated the demand for the Deus 2 world wide and definitely under estimated the demand for the 9" coil. Hindsight is golden, however. While they should have had a much bigger first run, they no doubt had some stats as to how many should be on the first run. And, of course, all this hullabaloos has caused even a greater demand. But regardless, its speculation on all our parts as to what is actually going on. HH jim tn

A update on production status would be the proper thing to do at this point I can understand supply chain issues/staffing shortages.I however can't understand being left in the dark for extended periods of time.