Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9 volt battery life

scotrod

does any one know at what voltage the low battery light comes on seems i have about 30 plus hrs on this set of batteries their still showing 6.7 volts just wondering if they are performing well at this point thanks scotrod

When the voltage gets below 6V, the detector will start to let ya know by falsing a lot at lower DISC settings...6V is about as low as you want to get...
Remember in most of the BH machines that 1 battery operates the coils (transmit/receive), and 1 operates the Audio circuits, so they drain at different rates...

HH,

I personally use PowerEx rechargeables...They are true 9.6V batteries...not 8.4V like most rechargeables...I use em till the light on the detector comes on, then switch em, and bring the other set home and recharge...

HH,

I also use the PowerEx rechargeables. (Thanks for the tip Gopher!) They are very dependable and long lasting. I use the PowerEx four battery rapid charger and I leave them on the charger, which drops down to a trickle charge when they reach full charge, to keep them fully charged at all times. The charger also came with a travel/carry bag and a power cord for the car. So I can take it with me and use it anywhere.

It's great not to have to buy 9V batteries for the detector in bulk anymore. And you don't have to worry about draining all the life out of them to save money.

I CHARGE OLD 9 VOLT BATTERIES FOR 5 HOURS
USUALLY THEY WILL CHARGE 1 OR 2 TIMES FIND LITHIUM BEST ALKALINE 2ND BEST BUT EVEN REGULAR 9V GOOD FOR A CHARGE OR 2
OCCASSIONALLY THEY POP SO USE CHARGER WITH COVER

Charging regular batteries is a MAJOR Fire HAZARD...they can actually overheat, rupture, explode, or catch fire

Anyone try the 1200mah lithium rechargeable 9V batteries from Radio Shack??