Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9 volt rechargeable batteries. ..suggestions?

Czhunter

Hello everyone. I have a fisher cz3d, and was going to try rechargeable batteries. Does anyone else use rechargeable 9 volt batteries? If so any suggestions. ..good or bad....thanks

MAHA, with a MAHA charger. I got mine from Thomas Distributing (no affiliation here, just a multiplied satisfied customer).
I only use mine in pinpointers and a Bounty Hunter loaner machine fwiw.

Thinking about it tho, if youre only using 1 or 2 at a time, whatever Walmart carries x4 may be a cheaper and just as good route to take.

I use Imedion "true" 9.6 volt, 230 mAh batteries and a powerex charger part # MH-C490F. You can charge up to (4) nine volt batteries at a time. It might seem like a lot of $$ up front but once you buy this system. It will pay for itself in a short period of time. The best part - no more buying batteries every week :cheers: I can not even begin to tell you the number of batteries I use to go through. Hang in there, others will chime in. In fact, I bought this system based on the advice of another findmall member terradigger

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1387934,1388079#msg-1388079

Hope this helps - Jim

I'll have to check those out earthlypotluck. I cant say that I know much about batteries. I did read that some aren't true 9 volt. I run two 9 volt batteries in my detector. Would 2 true 9.6 volt batteries be o.k. to use in it ya think?

I am not a guru with batteries either but Terradigger "swears" by them. These are true 9 volt batteries and yes they will be fine in your CZ3D. Here is his original post that "sold" me in buying them. Personally, In your case, I would buy 4 of them. That way you will have a set of back up batteries. - Jim

TerraDigger said:
POWEREX MH-R9V True 9.6V 230mAh NiMH Rechargeable Batteries

* 230 mAh
* Ni-MH

* Battery Voltage: 9.6 V
* Feature: Actual Voltage is slightly higher than standard 9V Alkaline Batteries. Will outperform a standard 9 volt rechargeable battery due to the higher voltage. PowerEx 9.6V 9V batteries will operate paintball hoppers and wireless devices that other 9V rechargeable batteries cannot power. Enables wireless microphones and paintball hoppers to last longer and work faster.

Powerex are extremely high quality. (my opinion). They are not cheapy junk and cost a little more than others. "Most" of their batteries are actually manufactured in Japan, not China. I use the C cell versions in my older White's unit. They last forever. Hold their charge like you wouldn't believe. Way better than american branded (made in china or some other funky place) rechargeables. These should have the juice to power your unit. They carry a 1 year warranty. My 2 cents worth

Now don't make the mistake of thinking of going to a higher mAh version is better:

example: "Maha MHR84VI 1-pack 250mAh 9V Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries":stars:

These will only actually push 8.4v, thats why you need True 9.6 volt version I first listed

Czhunter said:
I'll have to check those out earthlypotluck. I cant say that I know much about batteries. I did read that some aren't true 9 volt. I run two 9 volt batteries in my detector. Would 2 true 9.6 volt batteries be o.k. to use in it ya think?

True 9.6 volt batteries will be o.k. They are more expensive. Since you were talking about a CZ, I can tell you the 8.4V will also work. I talked to Tom D. and as long as the voltage is above 12V the CZ will work fine. You start at around 17V so they won't last as long as the 2 - 9.6v but last me for a long day hunt in my CZ6a. Just depends what you want to spend.

Thanks for the input. I just went to the website you bought yours from. I think I will order some and check them out. ....thanks again