Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9" vs 11" coil?

bd1024

Hi everyone, --- I recently acquired a Deus, and of course really love it. --- It has the 9" coil with version 4 software. ---- Would spending nearly $500 on the 11" coil be money well spent? --- I have watched the Youtube videos, and some say it is super, while others say you may gain only an inch.( I do like covering more ground, but separation and recovery speeds are important to me as well), probably more so than depth. ---- I mostly coin shoot, with a little relic hunting thrown in. --- Is there a market for a slightly used 9" coil if I decide to buy the 11"? --- Is there a dealer who will work with me on a trade in? ---- Appreciate your help, Thanks, Dennis

I assume you mean the 11x13 coil which is the other stock coil for the deus. I would never sell my 9". The separation and speed is just too good in the trashy areas which is what it looks like you do a lot. Remember there are many other tools on this machine like lower disc, lower GB, lower reactivity etc. if you need to grab more depth. Where I am a lot of stuff is really deep, so if you still want and can afford another coil, look at Andy's review of the new 11" coil which is still hard to get here. I would consider it then. HH

I have both the 11" and the 9" and use both regularly. they both have a place in your tool shed. The 11" is great for better coverage and depth but is a beast to control in trash or nails. I have to lower sens, tx, and up the disc and up the reactivity once things get too chatty thus lowering depth but improving separation. That's where I change to the 9" and get in between junk to find the good stuff in between but lose depth. So the real question for your type of hunting is what do you need most: depth or separation?
good luck
bd1024 said:
Hi everyone, --- I recently acquired a Deus, and of course really love it. --- It has the 9" coil with version 4 software. ---- Would spending nearly $500 on the 11" coil be money well spent? --- I have watched the Youtube videos, and some say it is super, while others say you may gain only an inch.( I do like covering more ground, but separation and recovery speeds are important to me as well), probably more so than depth. ---- I mostly coin shoot, with a little relic hunting thrown in. --- Is there a market for a slightly used 9" coil if I decide to buy the 11"? --- Is there a dealer who will work with me on a trade in? ---- Appreciate your help, Thanks, Dennis

If you are doing any field hunting the 11" coil would help in that respect. But the 9" coil is going to give you everything you really need.

Charlene Sabisch

www.treasurehuntingoutfitters.com

"Experience the Thrill of Uncovering Lost Treasure!"

bd1024 said:
I had the same train of thought about a year ago and bought an 11" coil. I use it mainly to cover open fields a bit quicker, but the 9" gets used 80-90 percent of the time. (Mostly coin shooting also)
The 9" coil will separate better and hits good targets harder than the 11" coil. Still have yet to dig anything deeper with the 11" than I have dug with the 9".(that could change someday...)
If I could only have one coil, it would be the 4/8/12/18 kHz 9" coil. If the budget allows the addition of the 11", go for it. No way would I get rid of the 9".

I have both too and would never part with my nine as it gets used 95 % of the time. I like the 11 in open areas, it seems like the nine to me is more in tune with the deus than the 11. The nine is deep and its really close to the 11.

1024, I traded my 11" for a 9" and do miss the 11" sometimes, but I do just as good with the 9" and don't think I will trade back. I might pick up a 11" if I find a good deal, but am not really looking for one.