Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Meditech

Is 98 always rap around, I get some sweet sounding 98's that are repeatable from all angles but always seem to be iron,

98 and 99 are usually just that.

Agree. I have yet to find a good target in the 98-99 range. In my ground (in Minnesota), 98-99 is always wrap-around. I sure hope nobody posts a story of a great find in this range because I have written it off and never even think of digging anything in this range anymore. HH -Marc

At 97 & 98 I have found coins, pencil tops, 22 shell casings, small buttons, hair barrettes, zipper handles, and other tiny items from the upper one-third (or so) of the conductivity scale. All were deep targets and on the fringe of the Deus

I like using 4 tones and am wondering if I should assign 98-99 a 200 khz tone, has anyone else done this to contend with the wrap around if so what do you assign your other tones?

i have a pure ingot of silver 99.9 ,and it comes in at a meter reading of 99 !

Minie balls in red dirt = 98.

I've personally quit looking at the meter. They say the Deus remote was made mainly to do settings and not really for ID. The machine goes a lot deeper than it IDs and you can tell a lot more from the audio profile of the target rather than the ID numbers.

In a trashy park it would be near impossible to not use the display especially when each swing has 5 targets dinging off in your ear,

Meditech said:
In a trashy park it would be near impossible to not use the display especially when each swing has 5 targets dinging off in your ear,

Not true. If you have your tones set up correct you will not need the display.

The display also holds valuable information, I dont see the point in keeping a useful tool tucked away. People should just buy the blisstool if you only go buy sounds haha. Anyway cheers

Deusdigger said:
Meditech said:

Not true. If you have your tones set up correct you will not need the display.

Yes!
I hunt some seriously trashy sites by just using the tones, which are set up for my targets. I find it easier (for me) to isolate a chirp of a good signal amongst the chaos of other sounds, and to focus on that aspect, then to try to work the numbers into it also. I did use the TDI more when I first got the machine but over time gravitated away from it. Just saying what works for me. The nice think about the Deus is that it gives you different ways to achieve the same results.

The display is a secondry back-up, but always trust your ears.

Sounds and interpretation comes with practice and testing yourselves by at first getting it wrong with unwanted metals.

It will come with practice.:thumbup:Jerry.