Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A 1100 years old coin!

pierre87

[attachment 306175 oboleeudesp.jpg][attachment 306174 oboleeudesf.jpg]

I find that old silver coin with the coiltek 15' with7,5Khz on my 705. Id 34 at 20 cm depth. This is my best find until now. I want you to enjoy to

This is a :
Obole d'Eudes (887-89:geek:
D/ + ODO REX E : O cruciforme
R/ LIMOVICAS : croix
0.8 gr
18mm diameter
The coin was maded in the city of Limoges

:clapping: Congratulations on an outstanding find! :thumbup:
It sure is a beauty!

Pierre, that is just amazing! What an outstanding find. Im a bit jealous too. We dont have really old stuff like that here in the states....

thanks you all, yes it is silver. I know you gan not find this in USA, this is why i post this coin. If someone come to France, he is welcome to go out detecting with me on my autorisations.

Great find! Congrats!

Wow----That is something that we can only dream of finding here in the U.S.------Congratulations on the great find & thanks for sharing.

That's a nice coin , here in Britain that would be of the Saxon period at around 900 AD.
I have found Celtic , Roman and Medieval but no Saxon yet.

[attachment 306398 obole1.jpg][attachment 306397 obole2.jpg]
lol the saxon hoard from he detectorist serie :)
I didn't find roman yet, but i hope to do it every weekend. I receive a mail from the numismatic society and they say that those little coin in perfect state are very rare and they confirme, it is from the 10 th century. i made new and beter photos

Look on Gary's detecting forum in Britain and see what was found on a Weekend Wanderers dig last December 21st . Some lucky Devil found 5500 Saxon Silver Pennies of the King's Ethelred and Knut period , they are likely to be worth well over £1000000 .