Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A 12 inch concentric coil?

james1969

I'd love to see Minelab bring out a 12 inch 7.5Khz concentric coil,unlike many I like the stock coil and a 12 inch would be deep with perfect pinpointing

Also a 15 inch coil like the WOT operating at 3Khz would be a deep coin and relic monster!

I'd love to see a 12 or 15 for the 70. In addition to better depth, it would flat out cover some ground.

And have been waiting for a larger coil since the XT-70 was introduced. Give a shout out to Des at Minelab, maybe he might be able to shed some light on the subject. There is a picture on page 50 in the manual in the accessories section showing a larger coil if you take a careful look :biggrin:, we can only hope.
Cheers!

Yeppers...I would love to get rid of my Explorer II and use my XT70 alot more if a 12+ inch coil was brought out for it. It is so tough to beat out an Explorer with a 15" WOT coil especially on the beach where it isn't just depth you want but also ground coverage. I'd be more than happy with a 12" coil for the XT70 since I love the way the XT70 handles and I so miss the prospecting mode on the beach. My XT70 pretty much gathers dust right now since the ExpII is doing such a great job but I yearn to be able to use the XT70 on the beach again.

However, good luck on seeing a WOT coil on the XT series since until Minelab gives Coiltek the specs and go ahead to develop coils for the XTs, we won't be seeing any coils for anyone other than Minelab and since Minelab's track record on developing 'specialty' coils is pretty woeful, I doubt a 12" one will ever be developed either. In other words, I wouldn't be holding your breath...