Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A 5 Hour Hunt

JohnA

with everything I found for the benefit of you lurkers wondering about metal detecting as a hobby and /or trying decide on a detector purchase. This hunt was in the same site as the 6 hour hunt post below, but done with the 6"DD coil, so this post is also to help some of you decide if this coil is for you or not. Targets are getting more scarce. The bobby pin came out when I recovered a penny. Now for some help with 2 of the objects. The demon head charm at the open end of the bobby pin I actually found 2 days ago with the 6"DD coil. The curved object in the quarters just above the heart I found about a week ago with the 3kHz coil. Any thoughts? Everything else found today. Also that may be a button near the tie tack. Above the bobby pin is a Canadian penny and a game token. I knew that was probably a can, but removed it since it was shallow and could possibly mask targets in the future. This 6"DD coil is plenty deep. It hit on targets that I left in holes that were probed as junk and detected with the other 2 coils and were well into the 8" plus range. 8" is my self imposed digging depth limit at this site, especially since it is modern fill dirt. Thanks.

n/t

n/t

Using the little 6 inch DD for clean up can be a real eye opener. You can almost envision a line from a laser level as the type of field that little coil projects into the ground.

HH
BarnacelBill

That's an amazing Haul! I've started to use the 6" DD (HF) coil exclusively when Prospecting now.
Fantastic range of targets you dug too! Some of those coins look like they were there for a while.