Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A 6 hour hunt

JohnA

with the 5X10 cross gridded after detecting with the 3kHz coil and a very small area with the Quattro/8" Minelab coil. I had pulled lots of targets from this area, so imagine my surprise. I don't consider myself a sloppy hunter and the area has lots of iron, so I think the 18.75 frequency is a better choice. I just got a 6" DD from DeMarco and hit the same area for 3 hrs yesterday and pulled out even more clad and junk jewelry. Slow hunting, but productive. The more I use X-70 with different coils, the more I like it. I may get the big 18.75 and relegate the Quattro/large coil to backup status.I apologize for the photo. I had a better one that wasn't cropped at the top, but couldn't use it. Thanks to Digger for the GIMP link to decrease the file size.

Looks like that X-70 is working out quite well. Your comment about "the more you use it" and "the more I like it" ring true with me as well. The more I use it, the more I find. The more I find, the more I like it. And the more I like it, the more I use it! etc. etc. etc...... Whatever combination you find works best for you, stick with it as it looks like it is paying off. HH Randy

Quite a good variety of items you have there, you wont be disappointed with the 18.75kHz coil small or large its a good asset to have.
Cheers!

n/t

I like the fact that you found a Jack Skellington item (from Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas").
Great job in extracting all those finds! Is that a Surveyor's 'plumb' in the lower left corner?

Awesome!

and I thought the Skull item looked vaguely familiar. Thanks for identifying it. We are embarrassed as we are Tim Burton fans. The object in the lower left corner is a pyramid fishing weight. I didn't mention all the trash that was dug-pulltabs,wire-the usual.Thanks.