Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A beautiful day for detecting... :detecting:

Days ago, while sweating to death at work, I was looking forward to today because I knew it would be a cool day and I knew I was heading out to my favorite park. I had the windows down at 6:30 this morning on the highway driving to my park. It was freezing cold and I loved it! :biggrin: Half of the park was closed off for a huge fair of some kind, so I couldn't hunt my favorite spots.

I started in a picnic area hoping to scare up a silver dime. I scanned over some fresh washouts and soon had a screaming hit. I looked down and saw the outline of a dime laying on top of the dirt and bent over to pluck up an easy clad dime. It looked weird at first and I gave it a second glance and discovered it was a 1901-O Barber Dime in nice shape! That was a stunning find for a picnic ground that only dated back to the 1950's.

Later on I moved over to an old, yet ridiculously overhunted spot to see if I could scare up a signal to dig. After 2 or 3 hours of digging up nails and little bits of junk, I get a deep, promising signal in the middle of a group of small pine trees. About 4 inches of pine needles and 4 inches of dirt later, my X-1 probe sings out Silver! Hoping for a seated dime, I found another Barber Dime instead - 1914-S. I finished in a VERY trashy area in a VERY busy location and popped out a 1901 Indian and some Wheaties.

I am now stiff and sore, but it was a great day to get out... something I rarely ever get to do anymore. Take care and HH, MIke.

Great finds Mike.........The Barbers and the Indian look pretty good....(silver always looks good!)

John in Va.........

Yes for sure great Barbers. You just never know. Sore and beat but happy otherwise I'll bet!!

Ed

Great finds- Hopefully you'll be able to get out more and keep the good finds coming! Congrats!

-- Jeff --
[size=large][/size]

Awesome finds mike :thumbup: I havent found a barber in some time now :sad: