Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A bit about the ATX Ground Tacking and Balancing

bearkat4160

Out in the field I wanted to use the auto ground track feature just to see how it performs. I expected it to be like the Infinium...It is not like the Infinium. In order to use the "auto ground track" feature properly you must ground balance the machine firtst by doing the push ground balance button and do the pump. Then turn on ground track and it will function but at a slow pace...per Garrett: "the fast setting on the ATX is about the same as slow on the Infinium, use only when you really need to."

You can do the ground balance manual pump while the ATX has "auto ground track" on also...but the main point is, auto ground track does not do too well until unit is ground balanced.

The manual is a bit vague about this, no big deal...

There ya go...get some loot! :thumbup:

Bearkat

I think that sounds about right.
personally I prefer a slow auto GB because there is no doubt that gold is lost with a fast continuous tracking.
It is better to have the auto slow tracking plus the option of a fairly fast pump or ground grab function. That way you can be selective as to where you want dead accurate GB.

Just an opinion.

Yes it does Vlad...

What about the last ground balanced postion or adjustment after being turned off for a few minutes, then powered back on?

Yes the memory will hold the current ground balance when shut off...