Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A buddy of mine is digging a lot of nails

FFX2

A buddy of mine that has a Nox 800 is new to Minelabs and has been detecting a field with relatively few targets and has been digging a lot of nails that have been coming in around 25. What could he be doing wrong? Sensitivity to high?

Lower sens to 18-20. Some Iron Bias may help but not too much, 2-3. Increase response speed to 7. Check targets from two different directions... If good one way and bad the other it is most likely junk. If the VDI bounces more than a few numbers be suspect. Switch in to "all metal" and evaluate the target as well.

If he hasn't already, suggest he listen to known good targets and really focus on what they sound like. A good target has good tonal quality. I prefer 50 tones as I feel it gives more information about the target. All that being said, he (we) will get fooled now and then by a deep rusty nail... especially the bent ones. He will also improve with more time on the machine...learning it's language. Good luck!

Dean

Its impossible to diagnose a 3rd person's problems over the internet. It could any number of things. We dont know what his settings are, so we have no starting point

It would help to know what type of nail and the material they are made of.

Rich

Jason in Enid said:
Its impossible to diagnose a 3rd person's problems over the internet. It could any number of things. We dont know what his settings are, so we have no starting point

LOL My cousin's brother's sister is having car issues, can you help me?

FFX2 said:
A buddy of mine that has a Nox 800 is new to Minelabs and has been detecting a field with relatively few targets and has been digging a lot of nails that have been coming in around 25. What could he be doing wrong? Sensitivity to high?

It doesn't sound like he's doing anything wrong to me. Detecting in a field with relatively few targets; I (and probably many others) would be digging up any target that might sound good and old square nails often do. Otherwise, dbado1 suggestions seem spot on.

I feel his pain. I dug tons today as wee.

pin pointing is the key. If it pin points away from the good sounding target, it is most likely iron.