Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a coin worth...... a up to 15 years in the pen ????

JimGilmore

Today I made it out early and tried hitting some of the local playgrounds before all the other coin shooters got to the parks...
I was ablye to hit 3 parks.
Over all I found.
1- $5 dollar bill crumpled up
1- 1881 liberty head dollar
7- quarters
11- dimes
4- nickles
20-pennies
9- chucky cheese tokens
1- mulligans token
1- square magnet
------------------------------------
So the actual value is $8.25 cents
On the third park I went to the first think I found was a magnet. Then I started to hit chucky cheese tokens. There were 9 of them plus the mulligans token at the bottom of a slide. Imagine my surprise when I went under the swing and found a 1881 liberty head dollar, It was nice and clean with nice detail. Unfortunatly when I stuck it into my pouch the magenet I found a few mins. earlier stuck to it. So it's a counterfiet coin. Might win as most unusual coin but in my club I highly doubt it will win. But 8 dollars in a single morning is pretty good for here.

Back in that day when a dollar coin meant something, yep they were counterfeited alright.
Can't say i've ever knowingly seen a counterfeit coin.
Now that the powers-to-be have you vectored in from this public forum:look:, why not post a pic of that coin before they haul you off! :heh:

I did some searching on line and it seems that a lot of counterfiet coins are coming from china.

You might know,,, Made in China. No wonder they are junk... KEN. Ind.

JimGilmore said:
I did some searching on line and it seems that a lot of counterfiet coins are coming from china.

Though easier to counterfeit, but why would any foreign country circulate counterfeited U.S. coins?..small potatoes-peanuts!
I'd think they'd go for $100+ bills instead.

True, but consider the average value of a morgan silver dollar and you'll see why. These are coins that easily bring $20 a pop.

Interesting that it wasn't rusted . . . couldn't have been there long!

-pete

no i doubt more than a day. and had found a folded $5 dollar bill in the same playground. The playgrounds here are hit a lot.

JimGilmore said:
True, but consider the average value of a morgan silver dollar and you'll see why. These are coins that easily bring $20 a pop.

Good point Jim!
$20 to the seller only if the buyer doesn't have any magnets laying around.

That is true but until you have seen a counterfiet. You most like lt would never think to check. On the other hand I found it in a very well hunted tot lot. SO I was surspicious to start with.

hold on you may not have known this but the counterfeit is worth more than the real one cuz less got minted , =============== NOT