Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A cool little paperweight

GA1dad

Catching up after the holidays

We went for our annual Christmas beach camping trip and I brought along the Equinox 600 to have my second go at beach detecting. As it turned out, it was very cold that weekend and I almost didn't go detecting at all. But, I also wanted to try my new small beach scoop so I sucked it up, bundled up and gave it a whirl. As luck would have it, there was a major storm the weekend before and I was pretty stoked about that. I didn't find any jewelry and only a couple of coins, but I kept digging the blobs of what I thought was rust all up and down the beach. I figured they were old bolts or something that had rusted up. After the first 4 or 5 I noticed that one of them had a copper bullet tip stick out. I busted it open and it was indeed a big ol' fired bullet. I wound up finding about a dozen of them spread out over a 600 or 700 yards of surf line. I started giving them out to everyone that stopped and asked how I was doing. Finally one older lady who was walking her dog stopped and she advised that the property was occupied by the the military for training during WW2. I did some research later and confirmed it was the 455th Bombardment Squadron that was stationed there for training, beginning in 1943. So while I didn't find much,,, I "found out" an awesome piece of history. I wound up giving them all away except these three. The one that has a sea shell stuck to it is a really cool looking paperweight.

20240105_142308.jpg

20240105_142454.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

Sweet. Way to hang there. I'm tucked up at the house with a warm fire lol. Good job man.. hhricknmi

Cool finds we have a beach here in Ct that was used for target practice during world war 2 we find .50 shells there all the time
Mark