Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple firsts for me pics

gear box

Yesterday I got me second seated of the year and it was a 1875 Carson City dime, that's the only CC mint mark coin I have ever found and it's in pretty good shape except for a small ding on the front, dang it. The other first is my one and only shield nickel but it's pretty toasted, at least I can tell what it is. There's also a 1926S merc that is a semi key date. Looks like somebody used that other merc for a screwdriver. The ring is silver but the mark is so small I can't quite read it. I can't wait to get back out to this old fairgrounds with a bigger coil, might get lucky and get a few more deeper older coins. thanks for looking
Gary

Yeah the one Shield I have ever found looks identical with the environmental damage. The SL dime looks awesome, only a tiny ding. I've only found two SL dimes (beside two that were melted together in a clump:would like to know the story of those) Great finds congrats!

Great silver finds you hit the jackpot on those nice IH also Jim

WOW you found some nice coins! That seated dime is in super nice condition and on top of that it is CC!! - Jim

Gary,

Nice finds and great that you are posting these finds from actual hunts as this shows what can be done with experience with the Sovereigns.
That is a very nice 1875cc dime and looks like it was lost when new which makes the condition even more special. I notice many of the seated dimes found are 1875 and very few of the cc ones, I have a couple of the 1875cc myself I got over the years, but out of all my seated dimes most are reg 1875.

Rick

That dime is NICE. Really nice find. With the CC mint mark it should be worth a pretty good buck I would think? Especially in that kind of shape, even with that ding I bet...

Far as dimes looking like they've been used as screwdrivers- I've dug a bunch of barber dimes in the woods over time that had me thinking that. Often they've got a ding or nick on both sides of the coin's edge that are offset a bit from each other, just like they were used as a screwdriver. I suspect they were used to adjust gun sites.

n/t

Those are some nice finds you have there... I like looking at Sovereign finds all day.
Hopefully, I will start using mine some and maybe find something worth posting.
Congradulations!!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Hope everyone gets out somemore before it freezes up. Not much time left up here, it snowed a little today.
Good luck Gary