Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple hours at a old basketball court

coin pirate

Went ring hunting, only modern clad so far, plenty of area left to hunt. Barely scratched it.
looks like tabs, beaver tails, a key, part of an air chuck, piece of fence, hiney cap, and 35 stinkin lincolns, 6 dimes, 2 nickels, and 11 quarters...$3.80

I've got a lot more pennies to dig to screen that area out, who knows, maybe then I'll find the good stuff.

[attachment 333675 20160722_202749.jpg]
[attachment 333674 20160722_200714_HDR.jpg]
[attachment 333673 20160722_200656_HDR.jpg]

Picking up pull tabs and nickels = Rings--------------- My thinking --------------------------after1----------GH

excellent1_zpsczplzjao.jpg

I call this beach hunting on land because of the percentage of jewelry possible you might find.
Trash filled, sure, the older the court the more junk you have to deal with but way worth the effort....eventually.
Not all hold silver and gold jewelry but many do.
This is the only place that I would ever consider digging it all...literally, because of masking, (and all those coins can do their share of that, too), but over time and many, many hunts from several different directions.
I have done well around these, lots of silver, about a dozen pieces of gold and more...a few gold rings came in at foil, too, so keep an eye out.
Love these things.
I cherry pick at first, over time I keep digging layer after layer....just some of the targets recovered from around courts.

Rock on, have patience, eventually get a sniper coil which is perfect for sites like this.

3_zpsrm6ilv6p.jpg

I

Actually, not as trashy as I thought it would be, mostly tab thru zinc signals resulting in pennies from heaven(actually hell) had a signal every 6" or so, after a while I Disc to eliminate all but silver, but that was near the end. Plenty of signals left, and enough untouched area to keep me busy for weeks to come.
The one thing I'm not happy about is the stock coil, really has no depth penetration no matter how I set it up, has to be a strong signal larger item even to get me near a 6" depth, most everything 2-4". So, before I go to any sniper coils, I want to get a decent DD larger coil for depth. The factory coil actually seems pretty good about unmasking hidden signals, It will forefront the strong garbage signals but still lets you know there's a secret near by with the VDI. also, I've got to buckle down and use the headphones, the sound just isn't all that apparent on clad/silver signals when using 2-4 sound versus mono. I just hate anything covering my hearing, maybe try around my neck, I 2 sets, the larger factory fisher headphones and the smaller Garrett ACE ones.

Might give that site a break this morning and head over to a fishing spot that gathers a lot of people every year, and be prepared for lead signals galore.
the one thing I've noticed, there really isn't anyone detecting anywhere around here for miles, so everywhere I go, I can tell it hasn't be hit, so it should be just a matter of time to hit a good discovery, it's been a while.