Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of decent hunts lately... Julius Caesar and some silver too

GRAY GHOST

Hello all. I managed a few hunts lately a few miles east of the North Anna battlefield in Beaverdam, Va. The ground is pretty warm, stony clay, so digging wasn't easy! My first good find was part of a nice thick brass musket buttplate [not pictured: don't have a good camera] and it slowly became evident i was detecting a very small camp or picket post. The 49' quarter and 19' dime were both dug last month in Dinwiddie co., forgetting to post them up. Here goes - A couple of Richmond Arsenal sharps, a burnside, and a couple of three ringers. The bayonet scabbard tip is missing it's bottom finial, and what looks to be a brass piece of a rifle sling. The green coin is thinner and larger around than a U.S. cent, so who knows? The large cent looks to be an 1809, but i could be wrong - a shankless local confederate button back came out the ground too, never did find the face. Also dug a nice bale seal, a couple of pieces of lead melt, an old copper broach, several rivets, a cut up bullet, and a couple of domed buttons round it out.

The Julius Caesar tourist pin from Caesar's Palace was a surprise find - you just never know what your're gonna dig! I gotta get back out there before the grass gets high.Thanks for looking, and good luck.

Very successful hunt. Yea, lead melt is a good indication of a camp.

Louis is one of our premier Civil War detectorist recovery experts........

Hi, very nice finds :clap: I think your green coin is possibly an english farthing, if so its likely King George II. Good job finding the cut piece as well!

Overall - you had an awesome hunt.... :thumbup: cch