Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of questions about the Dues

bigtim1973

Hello there, was looking at a current issue of a detector magazine and it had an article about the XP dues with the larger optional coil. Nice read too looks like a real neat detector!!! My questions are this,

Could you put the control housing in one of those water proof camera housings you can buy at a local wally world type store, and go wading and submerge the coil and rod? How many batteries does this unit take and is it similiar to the explorer type of units with the 8 AA battery pack under the arm rest? If so is the battery compartment waterproof also? Thanks guys, Tim

You can take the control box off and put it in a waterproof container. You need to install a homemade snorkel wire to get the signal through the water. They have special rechargeable batteries. Download the maual for a better understanding of the Deus and search in the forums for using the Deus in the water.

Dirtangler is correct, but not very clear. Batteries are already installed in the machine, and rechargeable. You receive the unit, you charge it with supplied cable, if needed, you go hunting. No need to buy batteries. And the snorkel wire, waterproof housing info is correct.

Yep, Robo and Dirt covered your questions well and accurately so I don't have anything to add other than agreeing. Let us know if you have any other questions. -Marc

Hi Ed. I just wanted to mention that I got that eco pod. You can order for just a few bucks, don't remember exactly how much, the handlbar attachment. Thats made for a bycycle or motorcycle but it fits perfectly on the Deus. So basically you can mount the eco pod box perfectly on the Detector just behind the clip that would hold the control box and it looks perfect and you can read it without any problems through the box. As a matter of fact it makes the Deus look even cooler yet makes it waterproof. I don't go in the water with it but I use it if it's drizzling out. (one time). Just wanted to mention that to you. Take care. Gerson

Here is the online owners manual and the company website, this may help answer any questions.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/docs/deus/DEUS_English.pdf

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/XP-DEUS