Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

cjw63

Hey folks, I have a question or two, anybody have any advice on using the GTI 2500 in trashy areas (without using the little Sniper coil, I'm saving up for
a pro pointer:)) And, how bout the sometimes eratic sound (Kinda like a funky machine gun) followed by a Belltone. Do any of you ever get that
kinda signal? Thanks folks.
Joe :detecting::garrett:

I assume you're using the stock coil. Slow down your swing a bit. If I change my swing speed mid hunt I turn mine off, then back on. It's supposed to automatically adjust to your swing speed but I think this forces it to do it. What I do if I'm getting a lot of signals is just start digging them to clear out the area. I get the effect you mentioned sometimes. More often with the 12.5 inch coil installed. The closer the target is to the center of the coil the less you'll get it. When you get very good at pinpointing, your target ID and imaging will be most accurate. Does this answer your question? I avoid really super trashy areas like old dumps.

Chris

Turn your sensitivity down to 6 or 6.5. Scan slow as the 2500 does do well with fast scans. Raise your coil up an inch or two off the ground. The funky sound is an overload from being too close to the ground and too many targets under the coil at one time.

Bill

Well allright. Thank you for your help everyone, I will take your advice to the field next time out. HH!:thumbup:
Joe :detecting::garrett: