Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of questions...

It is a 10.6 Freq. it uses the 5 pin connectors. Any 5 pin coil will work with this machine.

So if I understand correctly, the H.O.T. coils are what we can use like for the cibola and vaquero? Thanks.

Hot coil = 4 pin. All other machines beside the PI use 5 pin.

Ok, thanks for clarification. So it's not the H.O.T. technology then and more like the umax series circuitry? E.D. 180 or 120? Thank you.

allcav said:
It is a 10.6 Freq. it uses the 5 pin connectors. Any 5 pin coil will work with this machine.

That's good to hear.

tabman

What's with all these threads being closed? If Tesoro can't take the heat for not listening to customers, for doing their own biased field tests, and breaking their own mission statement of using the latest technology by merely rehashing products, then maybe they are in the wrong business. I like the tesoros I have used but this is poor form. You don't believe in all the bells and whistles, well that is fine. How about actually using the latest technology to provide the depth and ground handling capabilities that exist while maintaining a simple user interface? Perhaps you could start with explaining how this detector is better than exisiting detectors rather than just listing a bunch of common knobs and switches and saying it works great. Is it deeper? Better discrimination? ...

I think things got a little out of hand with all of us venting at Robert about what we wanted in a new detector. I would like to apologise to Robert for all the flak he caught in these posts. We are lucky to have a factory rep from Tesoro on our forum to discuss all things Tesoro with and I appreciate the
fact he is here. Let's get some more information on this new detector and see a few field tests of the new detector before we start crying about what kind of detector it is or isn't. It is a Tesoro so we know it is a good detector, Maybe just not what a lot of us were envisioning for a new detector from Tesoro.
Who knows, this might be the best Tesoro ever made..........HH

Roger

If the Outlaw is anything like the Bandido II uMax it's a winner. Period

If it's better than the Bandido II uMax it's a must have! Some of my best finds have been with a Tesoro detector.

I can't wait to get my hands on one to give it a spin. I bet I'll find a lot of good stuff with it.:)

I think I'll give Rusty Henry a call.

tabman

Great post Roger ! I was wanting to jump in and suggest a breather for Robert as he was probably beginning to feel like that poor old sore tailed Tomcat in a room full of rockinchairs. I think probably a little vent time helped settle most of our thoughts so we can study on the matter and let things take their natural course now.Whatever that course is, it carries Tesoro's Brand and they have always done mighty good at keeping a heap of us real happy . HH,Charlie

Roger,

Would people be venting if Tesoro's own field test actually explained how this detector outperforms the current lineup. Would they vent if it actually appeared that Tesoro was improving their line instead of an obvious rehash. The fact is that Tesoro had a poor presentation and then rather than address concerns, threads start being closed and disappearing from this and other forums. People are venting because we have built up Tesoro customer service and placed them on a pedestal and then they treat us as though we are stupid and that our customer opinions are not important. The backlash is their own fault. People wait for years to get a newer better detector and this is all they can deliver or want to deliver.

I was not picking on Robert and I still like Tesoro machines, the company, the great customer service and the best warranty in the business. Kai_gold sums up our feelings pretty well though but that does not mean we are personally picking on Robert or bashing Tesoro; some of us were just a little frustrated, some were confused and I think we are all more than just a little bewildered still and wondering what tomorrow may bring. I'm happy they have a new machine, good for them and great for those that will enjoy using it. They can't build machines to suit every hunter and this one may fall short of the mark for many but may also be a much wanted machine for others. How do you think the "water hunters" felt when it was revealed to be a land machine? I'm sure they felt left out and were instead hoping for a multiple frequency waterproof Tesoro with tone ID but that wasn't the case. So Tesoro, thank you for a new machine and thank you Robert for telling us about it.

kai gold, I agree with you 100%.....the way the new detector was announced seemed very unproffessional and not what I expected from Tesoro. In my opinion, for what it's worth, they could have added some features to their existing lineup and everyone would have been happy.
Instead we get a revamped Bandido II

joe dirt_1 said:
Personally, I think Tesoro needs to hire someone like Dave Johnson of First Texas to come in and redesign their detectors. Give us a 2.5 lb detector with Fisher CZ depth, a small flat screen with large display, 3 tones, and a good price point.............:drool:

That would be a hit in my opinion. Until then, hopefully the Tesoro Outlaw will exceed initial expectations once independent reviews start coming in. Even a little more depth is always welcome.

The only reason why I posted my field test was to show you guys how it works. There will be field test from other that you guys know.
I also must say, if Rusty Henry did the field test, you wouldn't question him!

Hi,, You guy's need to lighten up....I'm sure field tests will be forth coming....Robert done his best from the bottom of his heart to give us all a fast first preliminary field test ...He thought of us all and shared it with us way before the machine was even on Tesoro's web site......The price is very reasonable even though I'm not interested in it because I don't need all of those coils....It does have a no motion all metal pinpoint which in my opinion is a big plus....In my 30 plus years of metal detecting I have learned that meters and VDI numbers mean nothing when you are truly seeking the deeper coins...The reason being is they just are not accurate enough on any deeper targets in a nutshell they LIE....HH....JJ

He's back! Welcome back Robert:clap: Thanks for the field test and yes, I might question Rusty Henry as well b/c he is a Tesoro employee and b/c I don't know him anymore than the rest of the Tesoro people so if I discriminate, I do it equally:thumbup: So....about that discrimination circuit. Is it ED180 or ED120? Also, any chance of getting it in single coil package? Thanks Robert.

It is ed 120. Sorry I was sick yesterday, and I am leaving again to go to the VA today. So I will be out of office the rest of the day today.
I can't believe you do not know Rusty. He is a legend in metal detecting.