Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of recent finds - Omega

Furious T

Here's an offering from down under, where it's warmer (been regularly 100 F or more the last couple of weeks). These two, one silver and one 9ct (9k) gold were found at the same location, same day, but the silver in the morning and the gold in the afternoon. The gold ring came in at a solid 60 (2 ins down) and the silver came in at 81 (1 inch). I've been back, but although I've found more coins, no more rings (yet).

Nice finds, I love finding rings and other jewelry. You can send some of that 100 degree weather up here, wasn't long ago we were 39 below zero and that is Fahrenheit. In a couple weeks I will be purchasing a detector been thinking either the Eurotek Pro, Omega or the Gamma.

Hi SkiWhiz,
The heat is not too bad...but we sure need rain really badly...not just to soften the ground to dig, but where I am, trees are dying and dropping limbs in attempt to stay alive....
I've found the Omega to be fantastic on silver, both coins and rings...it also hits of medium sized gold rings really well, and locks on to the numbers.
On deep targets (8" +) Ive found that the visual ID does not lock on so well, but with a bit of use, you can get to look for the tell-tale signs of it being a silver coin...i.e. hitting the approximate correct number from time to time, or even when you first hit the target...at shallower depths it usually locks on pretty well...depending on the mineralization of the soil, the number may not be exactly what you expect, but pretty close. I have also found many silver chains and bracelets with the Omega....usually ID numbers that are a little low for silver, but the audio tells you to "dig". Last year I found 144 of our old silver coins (pre-decimal), from 3rd through to Florins, and by far, most of them were found with the Omega. I found 15 silver coins with the Eurotek Pro, so it did ok too.
The Eurotek Pro is also good on silver, and whilst I have not found the numbers of finds with it that I have with the Omega, I have not used it nearly as much as I have the Omega. I find it to be a very competent machine, and some of its features are great for some of the places I detect. I have not used the Gamma, so cant comment on it, but I'm sure there are some reports on it on the forum. Best of luck, Pete

It always nice to pop some silver and gold out of the ground. Way to going!

tabman

Thanks Tabman, not often I get gold and silver rings on the one day. After finding the silver ring, I went home, as it was getting v hot, then later went back, and that's when I snagged the gold. Very welcome.

Way to go!

Good is having decent weather to enjoy detecting ... AND finding a silver ring.

Better is getting out twice in a day with longer daylight hours to hunt ... AND then finding a gold ring.

Best is accomplishing such tasks ... using what I consider to be the best detector in the whole Teknetics line-up.

I would guess you were using the stock 5

congrats on the rings.

Thanks fellas,

Monte, yes, I was using the 9 3/4" eliptical concentric coil...it is my favourite with the Omega. Was running sensitivity of about 75 (cant remember exactly, but it wasn't on full, and I normally run 75-80...sometimes a bit higher. If the ground was softer, I would probably crank it up a bit more at times, but I've found that that level of sensitivity gives me all the depth I need in most of the places I hunt, even for older coins. I had the disc set at 23-26 (again, can't remember exactly). Pete