Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple Oregon silvers

Larbear2

The wife wanted to visit her friend in Oregon, so we made the trip from north Idaho to Sandy Oregon (near Portland). Being unfamiliar with the area, I hunted a couple of schools and parks in Sandy, and a downtown city park in Gresham. Ended up with 7.60 in clad and a 925 spinner ring.
I went to the local Safeway in Sandy for some brewskies and on the way out of the store I checked the reject tray at the Coinstar. There was a single shiny coin and it looked lonely so I picked it up and took it with me. Turned out to be a ‘64 silver Rosie.
The necklace (non precious metal) was an eyeball find. Luckily we picked the best day weather wise to do the Mt. Hood loop. It was a nice clear day and Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams were spectacular in all their snow topped glory. Stopped at a local winery and enjoyed a bottle of Reisling.
Cheers and happy hunting!
image.jpg

The wife wanted to visit her friend in Oregon, so we made the trip from north Idaho to Sandy Oregon (near Portland). Being unfamiliar with the area, I hunted a couple of schools and parks in Sandy, and a downtown city park in Gresham. Ended up with 7.60 in clad and a 925 spinner ring.
I went to the local Safeway in Sandy for some brewskies and on the way out of the store I checked the reject tray at the Coinstar. There was a single shiny coin and it looked lonely so I picked it up and took it with me. Turned out to be a ‘64 silver Rosie.
The necklace (non precious metal) was an eyeball find. Luckily we picked the best day weather wise to do the Mt. Hood loop. It was a nice clear day and Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams were spectacular in all their snow topped glory. Stopped at a local winery and enjoyed a bottle of Reisling.
Cheers and happy hunting!View attachment 19361
Congrats, as Treasure is any place where you find it! Ma

nice WTG!

I check it often but not every time. I think it used to embarrass my wife but eventually she accepted it as another one of my odd ways.
There is a lotto machine next to the Coinstar so I sneak a peek when I buy lotto tickets