Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Day Out With The Impact

dbado1

I took my Impact to a few different spots on Thursday and had a productive and relaxing day. The weather is getting a bit warm here in Northern AZ. so I started early and down lower in the high desert and then worked my way up to higher elevation as the day went winding up at about 6,000+ ft. in the Ponderosa Pines. Beautiful summer day. The first place was a "old" home site that a friend told me about. Turned out that his definition of "old' and mine differ by about a 100 years or so. I dug some clad and some copper and moved on after about an hour and a half. Second site was an old gold mine with some foundations. Early 1900.
The hat pin, a iron ball from a ball mill (not pictured), and a couple of rivets turned up there. Then I went to the place I should have started at. Way up in the cool pines two old foundations. I've hit this place a couple of times before with the Relic and recovered some buttons, three ringers and, Spencer cases. The Impact performed beautifully. I had the 11" coil attached and decided to give VLX1 a go in 14 kHz with no disc. Moderate iron trash here. Most targets are 6" or less thanks to a hard pack layer. Again, more buttons, bullets and cases...

[attachment 346379 IMG_1260.JPG] [attachment 346380 IMG_1262.JPG]

Neatest four hole "ARMY" button I've ever found. World War 1 or 2 perhaps? Spencer and Henry cases, three ringer, and half of a pistol ball. Still no coins from this site.

I found a nice iron backed two piece cuff button with something on the front (not pictured). I took it out on my deck and was brushing it off. I noticed the letter "A" on it and then dropped it! I watched as it rolled along the deck then fell between the deck planks in to... "The Void". That dark, dirty, Black Widow, and Scorpion infested space beneath the deck that no sane person would go after a button...until winter. When all the critters are frozen dead. So, until then, what is on that button will remain a mystery.

I'm really enjoying the Impact. Very ergonomic and versatile. It balances very well with the 11" coil and I can swing it all day with no fatigue.

I had my first encounter of the season with a rattler today while out hiking. It ended amiably enough with me getting a couple of pics and it slithering off to an evening hunt.
[attachment 346386 IMG_1276.JPG]

HH

Dean

n/t

Great hunt and great post.