Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A detector that makes you look for gold

George (MN)

Hi, I got a Seben Extreme detector from Germany. It can reject anything except nickels, pulltabs & most gold. I thought I was going to use it for coinshooting, but without a modification to reject pulltabs, I don't think so. But 1 ring could pay for this detector as it's well under $200. And for a dig everything detector for ghost towns, etc, I can see that as a possibility. Detects US quarters to about 13"-14" in all metal & disc. I have a longer partial review at http://members5.boardhost.com/MetalDetecting HH, George (MN)

George, you need some field use on this detector.Take a US Quarter and bury it four inches and let us know how well it works.I saw a review somewhere on a Seben and it wasn't very favorable Ron

Ron, you don't happen to remember the site for the review, I assume? I agree the detector is pretty bad, it doesn't reject ground minerals in the ferrous/non-ferrous mode, & in all metal the ground balance runs out of range so I need to have it 3" above the ground to hear a threshold tone. HH, George (MN)

George,I can't give you the exact site right now but I think it was on one of the bigger review evaluations sites.We have all been taken in by false performance claims of some unethical metal detector manufactuters.A few months ago I bought one of the latest and greatest detectors. I bought this unit before doing all my homework. After reading a evaluation about this detector I felt the manufacturer was trying to unload obsolete inferior equipment.All the evaluations were bad with this detector.One owner was so upset his summary was a string with a magnet was a improvement over this detector that he bought.Anyway when I received this detector it was taken out of the box and I air tested a quarter barely at 5" it was boxed and sent back for a refund.I did pay money for shipping,but I considered myself lucky to get a refund. Ron