Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A different angle?

doug turner

Good morning!

One of my other passions in my life, apart from my wife of course, (just in case she reads this) is flying.
I have the privilege to fly a very old PA28 around the local area with my non detecting buddy. When we take up the old girl up to blow the dust off her wings I take up my camera and over fly some of my detecting sites. Different times of the year and light conditions can show some different features from the air at that moment in time. Yes I use the normal web based A/P sites like most people but this way I can pick and choose the ground conditions and the angle of the sun.

The first photograph you can see the old field boundaries, now ploughed out running from left to right from the bends (kinks?) in the left hand side hedge. In detecting the lines of the old hedges I have found several hammered coins and a first for me in the form of a Commonwealth, 1649-60 Halfgroat (silver). See photograph.

The second photograph you can see also see clearly old field boundaries . Showing up in the form of a dark area in front of the farm buildings is the location of an old orchard. Several items of jewellery have been recovered from this area.

I hope the above is of some interest to you?

Doug

I flew an airplane once..( once was enough!)..one of my brothers had just received his pilot's license and wanted to "take me up" to show me his latest accomplishment...I was excited to go into this little "Piper Cub, I think it was named....just a little "2 -seater.

Well, while we were up in the air over a huge lake, my brother asked me if I wanted to take the controls for a few seconds...I did and made the plane go up and down a little bit...really quite an experience, but scary, too.

Truth be told, I was soooooooo glad to get back on "terra firma"....that was enough flying for me

thanks for those great pics...