Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A different kind of plundering :)

RobRcer

I havent been detecting, but i have been fishing. Been trying to catch them big ole stripers that are running right now off Kiptopeake, so far gotten 2. :D

This is how we do. :D 20 yakkers on the beach, not including the other 6-12 still on the water.

IMG_3016.jpg

The big one, 48" and 41lbs 2oz. Caught on 30lb test on a Shimano 4500. That was a blast, drug me around, and had drag as tight as i could and still ripping line off.

My expression "HOLY $HIT theres a big fish in my lap!".

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

42" Wasnt as fun to reel in when using a Penn 330 with 80lb test, which is pretty much a tuna roller, had fish in within 20 seconds thrashing like crazy next to kayak. Had to loosen drag, and pull em around a few minutes, didnt realize how poorly the fish was hooked. Woulda been pissed had it came undone once it was tired enough to pull in the kayak.

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

Nice big stiper. You'll never have to paddle that kayak if you can train those to pull you around:laugh:

Sweet. What state are you in? I fished for stripers commercially with rod and real in Cape Cod Mass for 10 years. The fish can pull a Kayak! Desmond in Buffalo NY.

Are they good eating? We have Salmon, Steelhead, and Sturgeon around here. The sturgeon is an ugly beast but what great meat for the table. Jim