Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Familiar Question, I'm Sure...

HighPlainsHunter

I'm ready to go for the XP Deus, but I'm having trouble deciding on which "package" to go with. After reading more posts than I can count, and viewing more videos than I thought existed, I'm about blind and half crazy trying to decide of which coil to go with. Well, I can't really blame the posts or videos for being blind and half crazy. Anyway, I will mostly be urban hunting in parks, yards, etc., with some field work for relics. I do have a DeepTech Vista Gold that can be my relic hunter, unless the Deus would take it's place. After 44 years in this hobby, I still struggle on these kinds of decisions. 9" or 11" coil, or both?

Thanks for any, and all, help with this...

My choice would be the 9" coil and Ws4 headphones.

My choice would be the 11" coil with the WS4 backphones. Also, pick up the adapter to use with any headphones that you may have a preference to. I say the 11" coil because when the new coil comes out, I hear it will be a 6"x9" coil, you won't need the 9" round coil as much. Just my 2¢ worth. GL/HH

I agree I went with the 11' coil for the exact reason as stated I know I will want the 4.7x9.5 coil when it comes out and I can't see the point in having a 9 and a 9.5 the only thing you will loose (best guess) with the new 9.5 is the ability to search at 4 and 8 khz because the new one will do 10,20,30,40,50 khz. All comes down to overflow in the bank account if there is lots of free gold go with both. As far as the headphones I again like the flexibility of the WS4's, if they made the WS5's the same way, the module comes off I would have went with the WS5's.

All the Best
DFB

Smart money is on the 11" coil right now,,,then later the smaller coil when it becomes available-- get one of those or wait for the new coil to release and pick up what I think may be quite a few used cheap 9" coils used up,for sale.

I went with the 11 inch coil and the ws4 headphones. With my other detectors I get to hot with those Bigger over the ear headphones. I am still waiting on delivery of my unit.