Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few F75 LTD2 questions

Crusty

I recieved my F75 LTD2 yesturday and quickly put it together. I had already read the manual several times and checked out some YouTube videos. My Explorer has been put away into the closet so I'm not tempted to use it while I'm learning the F75.

The manual is not too bad.....but not great. Does leave me with a few questions.
I'm wondering what settings on the left side effect the right side and vise-versa. I gathered that the Audio Pitch setting on the All Metal side carries over to the Disc side. Are there others? Does the Process setting carry over when using All Metal?

The manual says the default DST setting is on, so I checked the setting which said 9.0. That means the no DST setting is 9.1? I only ask because I read where some were saying the manual has it wrong.

I really like how all the menu settings are right there on the screen and that there are only 2 controls. Wish more detectors were like this.

Dave

hey crusty the left side is the disc side thats where all the tone and mode settings are the right side is all metal mode and settings and the manual ground balance, also if you put it in boost process on the left side and then go to the right side all metal it will stay in boost in all metal. and dst on is 9.1 and off is 9.0 . and your right the audio pitch on the all metal side will control the audio pitch on the disc side. what tone and process you use is operator and site dependant, you can turn it on and hunt with stock settings at most places and do good, hh

Welcome to the F75 club :clapping: The consensus is that 9.0 is DST off. There are many threads about it and the end result seems to be 9.0=OFF. Personally when testing I find I get almost 2 inches more depth in 9.0. The 9.1 setting adds minimal EMI reduction over 9.0 but does seem to add more lag and elongated tones, espescially in BP mode. I put mine in 9.0 and leave it there.

In bad dirt.....4 to 5 bar on the Fe meter, I have found JE mode to work better than BP mode. It allows me to move along at a brisk pace and seems to get better depth. I think the hot ground is just too much for the BP mode.

Good luck and go find some goodies.

Kenny

I just called Fisher Technical Service, the book and what Dave stated is correct. Factory default setting DST 90 is on. If you read a little further it tells you how to turn DST off 91.

I recently traded in my Etrac for a new F75 SE/LTD2, got excellent deal with Backwoods Detectors. I downloaded both the F75 and T2 manuals for reference and both state 9.0 = DST. Likelihood of same typographical error in both manuals...?

yeah guys i just checked the manual it says 9.0 is dst on 9.1 is off so i guess i had it backwards, i know ive been using 9.1 and get good performance hh

Crusty said:
I gathered that the Audio Pitch setting on the All Metal side carries over to the Disc side.

Dave

If this is true I sure can't pick it up with my battle worn hearing!!!
Any tips on how to demonstrate the difference in pitch when going from AM to disc?