Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few Fors Gold finds.

Dan(NM)

I found these things the last 3 times out using the Fors Gold with the OOR and stock coil. The areas I hunted are polluted with iron and trash but the FG was able to hit this anyway. I thought I had pounded the same spots with the Explorer, I guess not :) I ran the FG in DI3, sens around 85 or so, no disc, manual ground balance. Now I know why the Explorers were nulling so much, 3-4 hits per swing of trash. I really like the FG alot, it's so easy to set up and hunt with.

The Nokta FORS models are definitely impressive performers, even when not hunting trashy sites. But work them slowly and methodically in the junky areas and they really show their abilities!

I'm heading out the door and sure hope the 14 to 20 mph winds die off before I get to my destination as my FORS CoRe & I are ready to get a little hunting time in today. Unless I chance upon a different site, I don't think I'll enjoy the results you did from only 3 visits. Best of success on your next adventures afield.

Monte

Nice haul Dan. I guess maybe it's time to retire my Explorer. WOW!!! :cheers:

Is there a reason why you chose the gold over the core just wondered what the differences were besides programs being different,,,,,CEDAR

I live a couple of hours away from gold bearing areas. The only difference I saw was the beach mode, I live in the desert and have no need for that.From what I could tell the specs are almost identical.