Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A FEW HOURS AFTER WORK

Cupajo

Hi Gang,

Yesterday and again today I spent a few hours after work following my stock double D coil around the dry and wet sand on the local beach. I'm amazed at the number of hair-pins that are lost in the sand. I'm also amazed at the sensitivity of this machine and this coil!!!

I found a tiny bit of lead so small I could have never found it without my Vibraprobe. In fact most of my finds were tiny bits of this and that. I was digging them all. Today I spent more time exploring the discrimination function and how accurate it is. I didn't have a lot of time on the beach but I found enough bottle caps etc. to begin to weed them out with the discrimination knob.

No gold came to light, but I have hope that with more time and a little more understanding I can change that. I had very few false signals and have come to ignore them and consider them part of my dialog with the machine.

I need to build a better dry sand scoop because my water scoop is too heavy for dry land and the last dry sand scoop I built collapsed under the work load I gave it.

Yesterday I made three adolescent girls very happy by finding two small toe rings they had lost. Now they and I have stories to share!!!

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

Hi Cupajo, The LS sure does find the hair pins alright. I hope the guy that invented them become a detector operator later on, that'll teach him! HH regards Nugget.

Cupajo, It's always good to read your posts!!!

The Infinium also amazes me with the small things it can find. It's also good that you were able help in locating those small toe rings too!!!! :clapping:

Cupajo said:
Hi Gang,

Yesterday and again today I spent a few hours after work following my stock double D coil around the dry and wet sand on the local beach. I'm amazed at the number of hair-pins that are lost in the sand. I'm also amazed at the sensitivity of this machine and this coil!!!

I found a tiny bit of lead so small I could have never found it without my Vibraprobe. In fact most of my finds were tiny bits of this and that. I was digging them all. Today I spent more time exploring the discrimination function and how accurate it is. I didn't have a lot of time on the beach but I found enough bottle caps etc. to begin to weed them out with the discrimination knob.

No gold came to light, but I have hope that with more time and a little more understanding I can change that. I had very few false signals and have come to ignore them and consider them part of my dialog with the machine.

I need to build a better dry sand scoop because my water scoop is too heavy for dry land and the last dry sand scoop I built collapsed under the work load I gave it.

Yesterday I made three adolescent girls very happy by finding two small toe rings they had lost. Now they and I have stories to share!!!

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo