Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few hours of clad knifing with the ETPro

kt

I call it "clad knifing" instead of "clad stabbing" because I use a Lesche instead of a screwdriver. Don't judge me.

Inspired by MudPuppy's recent outing where he stabbed up about $500 worth of coins in 25 minutes with his magical F70, I decided to hit a nearby school that I have permission to hunt. I first attempted to use my F70, but the caterwauling of false high tones and random bleeps and blips is just too darn overwhelming. I may end up getting rid of my F70, somehow that machine is just not sinking in with me. Too much noise for my pea brain to decipher.

So, after a few minutes of confusion with my F70, I stowed it in the truck and switched to my Eurotek Pro. Despite the pinpointer on it not working :veryangry:, I was able to knife up a good handful of clad in about three hours and a half. Four nickels, 16 memorial pennies, 11 quarters and 7 dimes. Nothing great, but I enjoyed myself just the same. I love my Eurotek Pro.

Dude! Awesome work!:clapping: Great results! No judge here! I'm a huge kt fan!:clapping:

I believe it may be all about how each persons ear hears things?...I have a buddy that hunts shallow water gold with a Minelab dirt machine and he kills it!...Amazing what this guy can do with a rig thats supposed to be a deep dirt silver set up, yet he has developed his ear for gold! He found 3 gold rings just this week worth over 500 bucks!

I was just thinking today I could not LIVE without my 70 for dirt or totlot work, I doubt I could ever use something different, but that may be on account of I have 1000's of hours behind its coil and learned its language...it was my very first detector so I was committed in that respect, there was no turning back or trying something else...the Wife wanted results for all the time afield so I had no choice but to deliver with the 70....took a while of daily and committed hunting then I found this 'Findmall Forum' and didnt feel so alone....there was an old guy (Zeekeys) who also swung a 70 that helped me on through the curve, drop sens, go neg on the thresh, etc......:thumbup:

I will say this, for maximum success in this sport, water or dirt, its all about speedy retrieval techniques...If a guy can get 200 targets pulled per outing, your learning curve is very greatly compressed, giving you two years worth of dirt time in one so to speak....I ran this danged 70 in 'Autotune' mode for nearly a year, watching the screen for TIDs..sweating bullets, getting completely burned and sensory overloaded hearing all the bleeps and blips... Now I only run in Delta Pitch, I dont look at the screen at all except to check battery life..I cant hunt in anything other than Delta from now on...you just keep on doing what you are doing and speed up retrieval methods if thats what you want to do....I came up with a coccamamie clad 'stoop stab-n-grab' technique that nobody else seems to employ or talks much about here...I've seen vids of 'coin popping' but thats not it...if a knife works for you, then stay at it, and knife away!

If I may, dont use a pinpointer! Throw that thing away if you want to get really fast!...never use your PP button either..it just slows things down...ya gonna dig or what?:rofl: Again, great work there dude! I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing what you find next!:buds:
Mud