Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Few Hours On The Beach and a little Gold...

thinkin2

Spent a few hours this afternoon with the Sov GT on the beach. I found a small section of beach that was pretty good and it produced several .925 earrings, a man's .925 ring, a baby 14K ring, a man's 14K band and a 10K girl's class ring. Also found several dollars in crusty clad. One thing I did learn today is that I really need a better set of headphones (an earlier post of mine) and have decided on the Black Widows as I need the extra volume and noise reduction. Also I think mine are in the beginning stages of death and all I have on standby are a cheap set of Calrads. Sorry I don't have any pictures yet but I will try to take some when I weigh the items. Actually, I've never upload photos here so I need to learn. Also the day at the beach was overcast and windy but still a beautiful day. I really love the beach on days like this and any day that you find the pretty yellow stuff is a good day. BTW, the girls class ring I will be trying to return if I can find her. Wish me luck.
Jerry

p.s., I recently sold some stuff to Midwest Refineries and would like to join in with all of those who think so highly of these people. IMO, they are the best. If you're sitting on some gold or silver and want to sell some of it I can't think of anyone better.

What settings do you run on at the beach. Think here as of late I might need to run less sens as I seem to be losing some depth.

Volume: All the way (and I still need more, hence the headphones I'm going to order)
Iron Mask: On
Disc. Mode with Disc: Zero
Notch: Zero
Threshold: On (Set to about 1:00 for me. Pretty windy and surf was fairly rough. Plus my hearing not so good.)
Sensitivity: 12:00 Probably could run it a little higher if I wanted to put up with a little chatter.

The sens. and threshold will probably vary a little depending on location but they worked well yesterday as I didn't wander too far. Once I ran into the hot spot I slowed down to a crawl and covered every inch until I had to leave. Funny, but I know somebody else had been down there because I dug two dimes and a nickel no more than a few inches from a huge hole the guy left. Sure wish people would cover their holes back up. One jogger or child running into one and getting hurt will shut it down for us. Anyway, those settings were working great for me yesterday. Going to try to get back down there today and hope those cuts are still there. Got to love that Sov.
Jerry

Thanks, GH. They would look kind of puny next to some of the things you've been finding, lol, but I sure had a good time. Going back today and see if I left anything.
Jerry
p.s., I know I haven't been hanging around the forum for a good while but where is Coastwise?

sounds like you really hit the rings AND clad!! Good going Jerry! Like GH said, let's see pictures!!

He is working quite a bit, as a lemo driver. He is hard to get out! Send him a PM and tell him you miss him, maybe he will wake up! He is not very tolerant of cold water, so it may be a few months before he makes another hunt. He had found a nice gold ring this summer, but never posted it, as he said he forgot how to do it.

Actually, my wife has a digital camera but I need for her to show me how to use it. I'd really like to start taking photos because I've never done it.
Jerry

and found about $4 in crusty old clad and one junk earring. I must have done a pretty good job on that spot yesterday so I moved on to some other spots and found a few pockets of coins but that's all. None of the pretty yellow stuff today but I won't complain. Yesterday wast great. I will start posting photos as soon as I learn how to use the camera. I love looking at the photos you guys take.
Jerry