Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few hunts worth of finds

Just some of the goodies I've been lucky enough to dig here in Michigan so far. Hoping to get a few more hunts in before crops are planted. I run the Deus with WS4 hp and 9" coil. Typically run 18kHz, sensitivity from 85-90, reactivity 2, disc at 10, silencer at +1. Pretty tame settings, but it's what my ears are accustomed to and it does well in the iron for me. I have an opportunity to try the 11"coil at these farm field sites. It will be interesting to see how it fares....

Good hunting!

A couple more pics...(6 isn't enough...lol)

A very nice selection of finds,that site certainly seems to have some very good potential,you mention that your settings are 'pretty tame' whats tame about them if they are finding you the goodies,its what works for you and that is all that counts,i only use Basic1 and the only setting i change is 2 tone,this is used on all my sites and find me some really lovely finds from roman,saxon and celtic so keeping it simple still produces the finds.

Some folks love adjusting every settings on the Deus,that of course is fine,but we me its the result that are in my finds bag that tell me my settings are just fine and dandy,all i do is switch the Deus on and off i go,basically a sitch on and go machine,i have not used my controller in months.

Yep, I agree Mega B. I stated that my settings are tame in reference to my reactivity and silencer settings. I see many Deus owners hunt in reactivity of 3 and silencer of -1 when relic hunting. It changes the audio a bit for me, and I'm not very fond of it (audio) set up that way. The slower reactivity seems to allow my ears to better discern the "roundness" of a target while the silencer helps me (somewhat) filter out the deeper iron hits. Just my thoughts, right or wrong, it works for me!

Yeah, the old nickels don't seem to fare well in these fields. I dug two shield nickels last year that took quite a bit of soaking (and a jewellers loupe) just to find a date. I still love digging them.

The question is, where are you located, blee? I'm in western Michigan but will be in Columbus, IN next month for a week, job training. You can bet I'll be perusing the area in the afternoon/evening hours...

I'm in nw oh. About 45 minutes south of Toledo. Not to far off I-75, Heck if you get through the area, let me know and maybe we can hit a few spots. hh