Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Few Interesting Keepers - Belt Buckles, Yukon Gold Rush, Early Boy Scout Slide

William-NM

Found a few nice keepers last week including a couple of belt buckles and a seal from the Yukon gold rush. My dentist sent me on a wild goose chase to Las Cruces (350 mi. round trip) to see an Endodontist who couldn't do the work, but I did haul my recycling along and got $225 for it. I made about $75 to $100 more than I would have locally.

Here's a Nickel Silver belt buckle and a tiny metal saddle with a couple of cast iron wheels from early toy cars or cannons.
buckle.jpg

I found this half of an embossed brass seal from the 'Alaska and Yukon Gold Exploration and Trading Co., Ltd" a few yards from the old railroad tracks. This was the first company to incorporate and sell stock to finance a mining operation in the Yukon. The Photo is reversed so you can read it. Here's an excerpt from the book "The Official Guide to the Klondyke Country and the Gold Fields of Alaska"

alaska-and-yukon-seal.jpg
The-Official-Guide-To-The-Klondyke-Country-And-The-Gold-Fields-Of-Alaska.jpg

I also found an older Brass Boy Scout neckerchief slide from the 40s or 50s, I believe. It says "Onward for God and My Country". Also pictured is a fragment of a copper on lead printing plate with ad text for the St. James Hotel. Europeand plan with breakfast for $1 per day!
boy-scout-slide-yukon-stamp.jpg

Some other favorites include another lucky Elephant, brass this time, a small key for a desk or chest, a small gold (probably plated) pen or pencil that I'm still working on (can't open yet), a little brass mirror pin, probably had a photo or mirror on it, and a cool drawer pull or deep button embossed with a figure that may represent a season or wind or ?. and a little heart pendant.
pen-key-heart.jpg

A few more brass and other metal items - some match boxes, a lighter, a brass box stamped "Bantam Lite, Inc., New York", a possible money clip and harmonica reeds:
brass.jpg

More odds and ends including a home-made reflector for a miner's carbide lantern (it has a flint & striker wheel on the front), copper flashlight, a copper specimen, and brass belt buckle for Bowen, a construction and maintenance company.
copper-and-brass.jpg
carbide-lantern-back.jpg

I found a couple of metal signs - I dug the Texaco one, but as it's 4' round and 100+ pounds and 1/4 mile from the car, I haven't brought it home yet ( I threw some dirt over it - maybe I'll get lucky and someone else will grab it, heh). I also found the little "leaded" one which is now warning of the dangers of my espressos!
texaco-sign.jpg
contains-lead.jpg

A few more, inluding a foil Christmas tree star and a handful of junk flatware-
household.jpg
silverware.jpg

Axe, pick, and hoe heads, along with a long brass and copper tire pump with brass label which reads: "Pitco Automobile Pump, Price $4.50. Guarantee: If for any reason this pump fails to give satisfaction previous to Jan. 1, 1916, return it to us prepaid espress and we will send you one in perfect working order without charge, hose and dented pumps excepted. Sunderland Mfg. Co., Successors to Pitner Pump Co., Chicago" Also found a junk ring and a couple of wheaties; 1956D and 1937.
iron.jpg
wheats.jpg

A few bottles and just a few new marbles & toys:
bottles-buttons.jpg
toys.jpg

I found a few pounds of lead and some clocks and locks. Maybe the Playboy Key fob will impress the Garrett Gals??
lead.jpg
keys.jpg

If you come for a visit, DON'T PARK HERE! The trees munch cars and they got my new Garrett retriever tool, too : (
dont-park-here.jpg

Well, the sun is setting and the moon is rising, time to head home and care for the Tigger!
sunset.jpg

Best of luck in the hunt to all!!

Holy cow those are some nice old finds ! Love your collection ! :clapping:

Wow...some real old recovery's....That is some collection of unique finds...a great amount of time and effort on your part....Thanks...GL

Wow what a haul of nice finds. Cool post.