Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few more impact finds.

Bill_S

Went for a short hunt. Used the deep mode in 5khz. I was running high disk looking for any higher tones. I did not want to hear all the trash and pull tabs. Sensitivity was at 94 for most of the hunt. I did turn it down to 88 to test with some. I found these two bullets fairly deep. I did get fooled by some deep rusty nails a few times but that happens with most detectors.

[attachment 341582 bullet1.jpg][attachment 341583 bullet2.jpg]
[attachment 341584 bullet3.jpg][attachment 341585 bullet4.jpg]
[attachment 341586 bullet5.jpg]

Nice hunt Bill. Did you find the TID to be fairly stable on the deeper stuff as has been reported elsewhere?

Thanks
Tom

The ID was reasonable I would say as these were deeper targets. The ID was in the 80's but did jump around a bit. I would say the detector up averages most deeper targets. On shallower and mid dept targets the ID is pretty good. The DI4 and Deep modes have some real good depth. I will try to get some video of some deeper targets.

Thanks

Sounds good and appreciate hearing about a 5 Khz hunt.

I like what others have posted about the audio not being overly modulated (too faint) on the deep stuff. Does that agree with what you are hearing also?

Tom

It is plenty loud even on the deep stuff. In my opinion a little more modulation would be good.

Bill_S said:
Went for a short hunt. Used the deep mode in 5khz. I was running high disk looking for any higher tones. I did not want to hear all the trash and pull tabs. Sensitivity was at 94 for most of the hunt. I did turn it down to 88 to test with some. I found these two bullets fairly deep. I did get fooled by some deep rusty nails a few times but that happens with most detectors.

[attachment 341582 bullet1.jpg][attachment 341583 bullet2.jpg]
[attachment 341584 bullet3.jpg][attachment 341585 bullet4.jpg]
[attachment 341586 bullet5.jpg]

What part of the Country were you detecting in?