Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Few More Relics Saved At The CW Era Ghost Town

jimmyk

Was able to find a few more relics from the Civil War era ghost town I've been hunting. Worked tne area around the location of the church burned by Southern Partisans aka bushwhacker,s and the adjoining location of the cemetary. Found a huge brass key, a dropped .69 cal. musket ball, a shot .32 cal. teardrop pistol bullet and a dropped teardrop. Also found a brass bayonet scabbard tip. Running out of area on the cornfield side of the road. About ready to cross the road and check it out. Supposed to have a doctor's house and two, two story frrame buildings which housed a store and an upstairs lodge meeting room.

Thanks for looking and keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Love those finds. That big key is awesome. Love those teardrop bullets. We found one today too. Good posting. cch

I used to have a very big collection of woodlock key's (English) and other keys like you have posted. Realising your key is brass, I have never seen an old brass key bend the way yours is! and I would be very curious to find out what made it bend like that? I can only think that the key was in the door and the door fell to the ground....but usually it would break or fracture in that scenario......I guess we'll never know!! thanks for sharing!