Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few older Garretts

Bucksport

Added these to my growing museum collection. I have never used these machines before. I just like the old ones.

I picked up 5 machines as a lot locally last year. Nothing special, but they are just cool because they still work.

Only one of the crossfire coils worked. I found a used 10" Hothead coil online for a little over 30 bucks shipped. I will see how it works on these.

Single tone machines, no pinpoint button, very simple.

Check out the original price tag on the GTA350 lol

Attachments

• garettace.jpg
    garettace.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 129
  • gta3501.jpg
    gta3501.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 145
  • gta3502.jpg
    gta3502.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 150
  • crossfire.jpg
    crossfire.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 144
Added these to my growing museum collection. I have never used these machines before. I just like the old ones.

I picked up 5 machines as a lot locally last year. Nothing special, but they are just cool because they still work.

Only one of the crossfire coils worked. I found a used 10" Hothead coil online for a little over 30 bucks shipped. I will see how it works on these.

Single tone machines, no pinpoint button, very simple.

Check out the original price tag on the GTA350 lol
I had a Freedom Ace it used three 9 volt batteries, it went deep! But I sold it for the GMH CX 2. I still have it but it doesn’t work. It has a large and small coil.
Tony

They are neat detectors . Ahead of their time . I still have a GMH CX3 , like new ,complete package and also a couple of cx2 ‘s plus all the factory coils that fit these detectors .

Attachments

• IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1514.jpeg
    IMG_1514.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1515.jpeg
    IMG_1515.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
They are neat detectors . Ahead of their time . I still have a GMH CX3 , like new ,complete package and also a couple of cx2 ‘s plus all the factory coils that fit these detectors .
i hear those battery cases are really hard to find. Mine warped one summer but it still worked Until the electronics went.
I still have two coils, sniper and the 8 1/2 inch
Tony

Yeah the battery holders are hard to find no doubt. I had a place where I purchased a couple from but they ran out . I don’t understand why they would stop producing such an essential item . Whites will probably stop producing parts for their detectors but I’ve stocked up on parts for the detectors that I own from whites already so I’m good.

update, the hothead coil only worked on the Freedom ace, terrible air tests on the 350. At least it was cheap lol

update, the hothead coil only worked on the Freedom ace, terrible air tests on the 350. At least it was cheap lol
Howdy Sir.... I did a bit of investigating with my investigating feet this morning... The Freedom Ace Plus runs at 6 khz.... And apparently... If I'm understanding correctly... the GTA 350... or any of the GTA's... run at 6.5 khz... I would think ( without knowing any better ) that it wouldn't really matter... But I remembered that those Hot Head coils were KindA weird... if you didn't have the exact one... you would get lousy depth... I dugg around my folders and found The Hot Head Chart I downloaded a while back (pictured)... the chart shows GTA and CX models use Hot Head model 19-1... while the Freedoms and 7X models use Hot Head model 19-2... Hot Head was lousy at marking their coils... If you didn't keep the box and destruction's... You're guessin... I'm confident You Have Verified that you have a 19-2.... which should make you're Hot Head worth a little more.... :bouncy:

Attachments

• Hot_Head models.jpg
    Hot_Head models.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 95
I apparently have a 92-2 lol.
Howdy Sir.... I did a bit of investigating with my investigating feet this morning... The Freedom Ace Plus runs at 6 khz.... And apparently... If I'm understanding correctly... the GTA 350... or any of the GTA's... run at 6.5 khz... I would think ( without knowing any better ) that it wouldn't really matter... But I remembered that those Hot Head coils were KindA weird... if you didn't have the exact one... you would get lousy depth... I dugg around my folders and found The Hot Head Chart I downloaded a while back (pictured)... the chart shows GTA and CX models use Hot Head model 19-1... while the Freedoms and 7X models use Hot Head model 19-2... Hot Head was lousy at marking their coils... If you didn't keep the box and destruction's... You're guessin... I'm confident You Have Verified that you have a 19-2.... which should make you're Hot Head worth a little more.... :bouncy:
I apparently have a 92-2 lol.
I didn't receive any paperwork with the coil. My main concern was that the plug connection was the same, and it was for an "older" Garrett.
I did get it really cheap. 37$ shipped is pretty cheap. I am just happy that it works on one of my machines.

Awesome.
Love the old Garret's.
My favorite is the Master Hunter CX 3 power +
Recovery speed is a bit slow.
Though it still finds the Goodies.
Try to find one and all the coils.
The 4 1/2" sniper Crossfire coil.
The factory 8" coil.
And the 12" Crossfire
You'll get a kick out of how it Talks to you.
As in a female voice announcing it's functions and finds. In All Metal mode it goes Deep.
This was Charles Garrett's personal favorite for many years.
I also have the CX +, last model made in that line.
And the Treasurer Hound Coil.
I've dug objects over 10 ft with that set-up.
Sadly it wasn't the gold hoard I was looking for.
Fortunately my youngest son digs like a backhoe. 😆

Attachments

• IMG_20230508_150940_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230508_150940_hdr.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20230508_150933.jpg
    IMG_20230508_150933.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
Awesome.
Love the old Garret's.
My favorite is the Master Hunter CX 3 power +
Recovery speed is a bit slow.
Though it still finds the Goodies.
Try to find one and all the coils.
The 4 1/2" sniper Crossfire coil.
The factory 8" coil.
And the 12" Crossfire
You'll get a kick out of how it Talks to you.
As in a female voice announcing it's functions and finds. In All Metal mode it goes Deep.
This was Charles Garrett's personal favorite for many years.
I also have the CX +, last model made in that line.
And the Treasurer Hound Coil.
I've dug objects over 10 ft with that set-up.
Sadly it wasn't the gold hoard I was looking for.
Fortunately my youngest son digs like a backhoe. 😆
Wow, cool set up. 10 feet is incredible. I always wanted the deepth set up but didn’t because I didn’t have the time.
I just sold the 4 1/2 inch sniper coil to Bucksport who started this thread.
I still have an 8 1/2 inch 5 pin coil for the CX series available if anyone is interested. Also a lower aluminum shaft and arm cuff.
Tony NJ

Wow, cool set up. 10 feet is incredible. I always wanted the deepth set up but didn’t because I didn’t have the time.
I just sold the 4 1/2 inch sniper coil to Bucksport who started this thread.
I still have an 8 1/2 inch 5 pin coil for the CX series available if anyone is interested. Also a lower aluminum shaft and arm cuff.
Tony NJ
Now if I can get over a gold vein out around Oldkoots place