Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few pictures from our trip to Vegas

A nice little rainbow along the way to Richfield, Utah.
[attachment 211142 HPIM1935.JPG]

Here is the picture of the bakery in Richfield, Utah I was talking about last week.
Too bad it was closed or we would have gone in here to see exactly how big they were.
[attachment 211143 HPIM1950.JPG]

These folks really want us to get to Las Vegas as fast as we can. 80 MPH!!! you East Coasters can drool if you'd like.
There were a couple of places where they were 'testing' this speed limit on interstate 15 to Las Vegas. I hope the test passes.
[attachment 211144 HPIM1956.JPG]

This is a picture of one of the penstocks that diverted the water around the dam when they were in the process of building the dam.
These things were so large that they had to manufacture them right at the dam and then install them.
You can actually hear the water rushing through these things while you are standing in the room over them.
[attachment 211145 HPIM1975.JPG]

I took this photo in one of the four vents that were used to cool the dam while it was being built.
It is about mid-way in the dam where this vent is located.
[attachment 211146 HPIM1993.JPG]

Pam and I and the vent behind us.
[attachment 211147 HPIM1998.JPG]

These next two were taken from the top of the dam. You can see the new bridge that was recently built to bypass the dam.
[attachment 211148 HPIM2009.JPG]
[attachment 211149 HPIM2010.JPG]

This last photo is the last vestiges of defense during WWII.
This is an Army bunker that was used as a defense position during the war.
[attachment 211150 HPIM2012.JPG]

n/t

n/t