Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a few questions please

sugar

ok please could you tell me if it ignores hot rocks like the etrac does
also can you tell me if it works under electricity overhead cables
does it pick up gold please and what program would it need to be in
in your opinion is it deeper than the etrac
i really appreciate anyone spending time to answer these question thankyou so much

With the "ground compensating" technology being carried over from the E-TRAC, in GB OFF mode, the CTX 3030 handles hot rocks equally as well as the E-TRAC. With the ability to implement Ground - Coin Audio Profile and turning on the Ground Balance, it was more stable than the E-TRAC in highly mineralized sites.

Although I didn't work directly under a power substation, I did detect in both rural and urban areas without EMF problems. And in several of those sites, there were HV overhead transmission lines as well as commercial and residential service lines.

On rare occassions, it would chatter a bit. Especially if I had too quick of sweep speed. But performing another NC, and being more aware of my sweep speed, I would quickly remedied the situation.

With the additional information on the display, combined with some of the new Separation profiles, I was able to recover several nice pieces of small gold jewelry and one very fine gold chain. When I purposely go hunting for jewelry, it is typically in areas with modern trash. parks school yards, athletic fields etc. At those sites, I usually set up with the High Trash Search mode, make a separate discrimination Pattern for Pattern 2, set up my modified coin program for the "previous search mode", (along with it's own Pattern 2). Using High Trash allows me to sweep more quickly, covering more ground in a given hunt. By being able to switch to a second search mode, or implement the secondary Pattern of either mode, I can use the additional functionality to obtain more accurate information on targets that I suspect to be good.

In the places I hunted, and by comparing it "head to head" with my E-TRAC, I did find a small increase in raw depth. But probably no more than 10% max. However, as I mentioned in several other posts, the amount of information on the screen, combined with some of the new functionality, I pulled some very nice coins from places that I've been detecting for over 25 years. JMHO HH Randy

digger that is just sooooo informative thankyou for your full blown answers i really wish i could have a brain transplant and i would chose YOURS hehe anyway this is a question that i dont know if you can answer is there much difference in the depth between the GTX4500 AND THE 3030 thanks for any answers

Thanks for the compliments, but trust me, you don't want this brain! :stars: As to your question regarding the 4500.....you're correct in that I can't answer it as I did not do any direct comparisons between the two models. HH Randy

do you mean GPX 4500 ? take a backhoe and did heaps of everything :lmfao:

BP