Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few targets from a several hunts with Impact

BigTony

Guys and gals, I have been using the Impact and mostly in 14 with VlX2 and DI4, and F3. Sometimes I push up the gain not not always, depends on weather.

No brag, just learning this machine and I hope to learn more.
I am determined to find a gold ring with it but that might take awhile dirt fishing.
The ornate item is a gas valve. It was about 8 inches down and might be from the 1920's or 30's.
The one coin in the bottom left is an 1803 large cent badly corded. The two silver coins are 1943 and 1944 mercury dimes, found in the same hole.

Best of luck to all,

Tony

Very cool Valve. :thumbup: And of course, who doesn't love to find Mercury Dimes. ??

Rich (Utah)

I did the same thing last September, popping a '37-s and '45-s from the same hole when I was checking out the new 5X9½ open-frame on my FORS CoRe.

I'm curious which search coil you were using, and what Disc. settings do you usually run? On my Impact I have everything 'normalized' and all Disc. modes have the rejection set at '03' and Fe. Vol. at '02' and only periodically do I switch from the default turn-on Frequency of 14 kHz.

Going to head off to a ghost town tomorrow after I drop my son off at the airport and among the devices travelling with me will be my Impact with the always-mounted 7" Concentric coil at-the-ready. That coil sees the most field-time and I switch to the 5" DD when conditions get really ugly with very dense debris.

Keep learning that Impact. It's a very good detector.

Monte

Hello Monte, I use the 7.5 x 4, I don't change the discrimination, l was in DI4 mode with F3 and gain was 75.

I will wish you luck at that hunt.

Tony

Thanks Rich, yeah the valve was a cool surprise and in terrific shape.

Those dimes were a first for me. I never found two in the hole like that. I have to credit the separation of the Impact in DI4 mode for that find.

Best of luck,

Tony NJ