Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few Vintage Bounty hunters from the early seventies,

Paul (Ca)

Here are a few vintage Bounty Hunter detectors from the early seventies, One "Professional" and two "Outlaw" models.

The Outlaw (blue box) can operate with either a TR mode or BFO mode, And only with using the long Big Foot type TR/BFO coil.

The Professional, although it's an oldie gets serious depth for a BFO. And uses both the smaller and larger coil together.

Thought it would be a treat posting these for those who never seen an old Bounty Hunter, Take care.

Paul (Ca)

Yep, that's what Fred and Barney were using in the episode when Wilma lost her ring.:blink:

Those are indeed old units... from last millennium I believe.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I do have older Bounty hunters but it was about this era (Professional & Outlaw) when depth and a less drift threshold tuner were improved,

I still use the older detectors of yesterday mainly for tot lots and open ball fields & play grounds. And, A few special TR's from the mid seventies for old sites laced with iron.

Surprisingly, Some of the older 100kHz detectors from the seventies will out perform the new machines of today at these older sites laced with iron.

Thanks again, Paul (Ca)

I love how retro those detectors look. Yet, I notice that the magnum coil, although white colored, looks almost the same as the current Bounty Hunter magnum coil. Its interesting to see change and continuity together like that.

Hi Paul (Ca). Thanks for the great photos of your detectors. I'm new to this forum and had just got a Bounty Hunter Outlaw TR/BFO and have a few questions maybe you could help me with?

1) I have download the owners manual (without pictures), but it is not clear about the battery connections. I have both 9v and 12v packs for the detector, and the battery connector wires coming from on the detector are identical, except for that one connector is black and the other is blue. Which is 9v and 12v? There are no markings on the battery packs or the connectors to figure them out..

2) The Outlaw comes with a small and large coil. Are you saying that the smaller coil works with BFO only, or TR?

Thanks-

Paul,
You still never cease to amaze me. Thanks for sharing more of your collection. Every detector you have posted looks mint. It would be worth the trip to California just to see your entire collection. Steve

I recently saw a couple of these old box jobs for sale for $30 bucks each. They said they didn't know if they work or not, , but they look great. For that price I was thinking of grabbing them. I think there was a red one and a blue one.

neil

I know this is an old thread but I would really like to get my hands on an old BH Red Baron.

I have a BH Red Baron ...can't get it to work right,,,,not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its has a problem....it's in great shape..cool looking...Red

Paul - is possible to get photo of the battery section for the Bounty Hunter Professional? thanks, Bill

Nice old detectors there and in nice shape ! I remember them from the 70's and early 80's. I had a lot of fun with them back then and regret that I no longer have mine.

Back in the day. BHs were manufactured by PNI.

bh_adTT1971.jpg

Vintage Bounty Hunter models

The 70 s were awesome, i looked at the vintage metal detectors from the store window on my way to mow lawns! I think i was 12 years old. I just now bought a bounty hunter legacy 3500 last year. Some things are worth wating for.!!!!!!
!

Back in the day Bounty Hunters were one of the top detectors. I was wondering,Wasn't the Red Baron the first VLF with Disc.? And wasn't it created by the great George Payne?

At the bottom of my post with the old prices ad is a link to the Bounty Hunter story. Yes. George Payne created the first discrimination circuit as well as the first ground minerals rejection circuit (ground balance). His designs are still used in todays detectors. It seemed to be common for MD companies to steal and use others designs.