Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a find in question

lakeangel

I have found a very strange coin. It is a u.s. quarter but the 'tails' side is missing. The 'heads' side looks like a requaler quarter from the 90's probably. But the other side is copletely gone and it's blank and a copper color. Is this the way quarters are made or is this not a real quarter?? Anywone know?? Thank you. CC

I would take to a coin collector as it may be a mint error. Unfortunately lots of copper in U.S. coins and may have been damaged by a grasscutter or perhaps some groundmoving equipment...
Quarters were counterfeited 100 years ago, but now lowest is probably a $20.00 bill...

Do you live near a glacier? I bet you do have a mis minted coin there. Did you find it metal detecting? WTG!

Thank you for the responses. I searched in google to see if I could find out about this quarter. It has the 'quarter dollar' on the wrong side of the coin. It sounded a lot like a token. They are worth about a dollar if that's what it is. Can you post photos in here? It is very strange looking and I don't think it's worth much but would be happy to share it. Thanks again for your time.

As you enter the big white box where you post a reply where you see "preview' and "post" youll see directions as how to do it.

Here are photos of the quarter missing one side. As you can see, the date is not under the head side as it should be. That's why I believe this is a token. thanks. CC

I have a quarter, half and dollar just like that. It is missing the back. Here is your answer to your Question. It part of a magic act. You can hide smaller coins in them. Most good magic shops will sell the coins.

If so, I believe it is one-half of a magic trick.

All the new states quarters dont have the date on the front anymore. It looks like it is hollowed out to be used as a trick coin. I even think I see where the piece was fasten that was a ferrous disc that was magnet would stick too. What is was was a penny or dime was put into the hollowed out area with the metal disc would also be so when it was laid down on a table the person with a magnet in his hand would pass it over the quarter and with the metal disc in it would pick up the qurater leaving the other coin there, so he changed the quarter into the dime, or penny as they will not stick to the magnet. The quarter with the metal disc would stick to the magnet.
I have a couple of pennys here that have a hollowed out area for a dime to be put into it I got in change in my bar.