Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A first for me...a matching pair of rings!!!

Goldstrike

I had a great day today! The skies were overcast and looking like it was ready to rain but I still got out and started to detect a local park. Part of the park is sectioned off for dog owners to exercise and train their dogs and I plan to get in there and detect it when there are no dogs around! Anyway, I was in the main park and it started to rain so I headed for the cover of some trees and my coil passed over a target. I dug up one ring only about 2 inches below. I could see it was a junk ring but still nice looking. I started swinging again and about 3 inches away, low and behold...the second ring was located!!! I don't think I have ever detected a matching pair of rings, gold, silver or even junk rings.
It was obvious that they were a pair as they had the same pattern and were the same size. Both were junkers but really pretty!!! I got the usual amount of clad and one 1956 wheat penny and the usual trash as well!.
Not a bad way to finish the year! Hey they could have been white gold or Plat!!! There's always next year!!!

That happened to me this past summer. I was water hunting and found an engagement ring in about 3' of water walked about 15' and found the matching wedding band. They were .925 and contained about 15 small diamonds that tested as real. They looked very similar to the rings you found so if I were you I would have them tested. Although mine were marked, yours maybe a custom made set. I still trying to locate the owner for a possible return. Great Hunting and Happy Newyear to you and yours.

Thanks b.h.p!
Grunter.....yes, unless your really, really good at i.ding real diamonds, it's always best to test which I did and they did come up as moissonite. Even the jewelery dealers get their diamond testers out just to make sure! You never know.! I too hope that this year will be a great year for you as well...thanks!

That is a rare thing to find the pair..especially for a dirt hunter!.:clapping:...sort of like finding a pair of earrings...Anyway, I found a ring pair on the beach once, one gold, one silver...they both came up in the scoop together...but then, thats easily understood...in your case and mine, somebody took both off together and set them down...I've wondered about those dog parks, even briefly swept a few without success...folks always throwing something, petting a dog, wiping slobber off their hands etc...seems like a good place for a ring to get lost..:thumbup:
Mud

Mud, I drive by a very busy dog park quite often. The problem is this. The dog owners never do any activity, they just stand around with their hands in their pockets while the dogs run around and play. Jabbo

Although when the kids were young and we had different dogs, cats, pet rats, snakes and mice, I'm not a pet person and I don't like dogs. It must stem from when I was a teenager looking around a junk car yard for something (I was a mechanic in those days) and this big German Shepherd junk yard dog bounded out of hiding at me. It stopped just a few feet short of me because of the heavy chain it was leashed to but I'll always remember the terror I felt knowing I could have been ripped to shreds by him:biteme:!!!! So.......I'm gonna wait until I'm sure the dog park has no dogs in site before I consider detecting it!! There has to be a ring or two there because like Mud mentioned, there is a lot of pulling and tugging as the dog owners wrestle with their dogs!!!! I'll give it the old college try in the New Year!:thumbup:......stand by!

That can be a heart stopper at first sight. Good eye - you seeing right away. Sure wish they could talk - story behind them ending up there. Don't you just love your diamond tester? last year my gift from my wife was a Gemoro tester - with docking station. The message was clear "find more bling with ice". It's what I'd have chosen if my business depended on the correct ID on diamonds. I think the investment is a smart move for a serious detectorists. Along with acid kit, scales and doublet or loupe.
Happy New Year
HH - Bruce

Very nice. I have found matching earrings many times, but never rings. Still on my bucket list. Keep digging!