Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A first for me on first hunt with AT Pro!:garrett::detecting:

metalhead

Got my AT Pro on Friday and so far I am lovin' it!:bouncy:Wifey and I camped out over the weekend on some privately owned land that I had gained permission to hunt! I spent the better part of both Saturday and Sunday hunting with AT Pro and Scorpion. My better half was gracious enough to follow me with a shovel and do most of the diggin':cheekkiss:
I mainly hunted with the AT Pro, but I would periodically check targets with the Scorp to see what kind of a signal I could get(All Metal/Motion Disc and TR Disc). Both machine had the stock search coils on them. All in all, it was a very nice hunt and I am quite pleased with the performance of the AT. I hunted in Pro Mode Zero with Iron Disc at 35. Auto ground balance was 67 and I left it at that, periodically rechecking and it was the same. Over the course of two days I found these two flat buttons, a buckle, a key and my very first Flying Eagle Cent. Each target was at 6" or less. The Scorp banged just as hard on each target as the AT Pro did. However, airtesting showed the AT Pro to have a substantial advantage in depth over the Scorp. A good four inches on either of the flat buttons. Then again, the search coil is a bit larger on the AT Pro. I have a Sniper search coil on the way for my AT and am looking forward to comparing it with the Sniper on the Scorp. I must say, that 8.5"x11"DD is my new favorite search coil!:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)

Flying Eagle is still on my wish list after 30+ years of detecting.

Metalhead
That Flying Eagle is awesome. I bet your still smiling :cheers:

that ones in great shape, I dug one as good a shape like that one, 10 years ago, in a house cellar I was working in, great coin, beauty

Great coin very hard to find I have only one...

Hey, thanks guys.:wave: I'm still recovering from that hunt.:stretcher: We had a blast, though. It was alot of fun. Man, I really lucked out on this one.:wiggle: I've been doin' a little research on that Flying Eagle Cent since I found this one. It was the first small sized cent minted in the U.S. replacing the large cent, which was unpopular with the public. The Flying Eagle Cent was composed of an alloy of copper and nickel. They were actually slangly referred to as "nickels". The five cent nickel didn't come around' til 1866. These Flying Eagle Cents were only made from 1856-1858. Pretty cool.
The land owner was real cool and said we could keep whatever we found.(He's an old family friend). I wanna go back some day, but don't want to wear out my welcome.
Next I want to head to the coast and try the AT Pro out on the salt water beaches. I should get my Sniper search coil today. I'm lookin' forward to tryin' it out in the tot lots. Also, I'm gonna do some air tests and compare it to the Sniper on the Scorpion. I'm not so much interested in depth with the Sniper as much as how small of gold nugget it can signal on.:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)