Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A fun little 1+1/2 hr. hunt

dirt doctor

I know I wont be having a chance to get out for a few days so I hit a spot that I've beaten to death for a few years with a lot of different detectors . They weren't that deep but they were surrounded by a lot of trash and I think a few might have been heavily slanted or on edge (another 62cents richer ):detecting: . The little car was an eyeball find but not easily seen unless you were right on top of it . Thanks for looking !

Good going, D.Dr. You didn't strike it rich but you got some exercise. The wife and I got out for a while on the river bank where I found $0.47 in clad. She found what I think was her first wheat penny, a 1955. We quit early when the kids started arriving. Before long there must have been at least 100 of them. Next time we will get there at sun up to give us more time before they get out of bed.
HH to all

Thanks Nevada Prospector . Congrats to your wife on finding her first wheat and to you for having a wife who likes detecting .:twodetecting::thumbup:

Good going Dirt Docter. Any time you can get out and detect, is a good time. Yes, you're $.64 richer. Thank you for sharing your finds with us. It's been too blasted hot to get out here in Illinois. If it's not hot and humid, it's been raining. :ranting:

Nevada Prospector, Congrats to your wife and her first wheat cent. Hope that's the start of many more to come and silver coins too.

Happy Hunting to all!

That's a nice haul for one and a half hour, dirt doctor.
What coil did you use in the trash?

And yes, congrats to your wife on her first wheat, Nevada Prospector. Wow, a wife swinging a detector... lucky dog.

Happy Hunting and agreeable climate.

vito said:
That's a nice haul for one and a half hour, dirt doctor.
What coil did you use in the trash?

And yes, congrats to your wife on her first wheat, Nevada Prospector. Wow, a wife swinging a detector... lucky dog.

Happy Hunting and agreeable climate.

Thanks Vito , I was using the Detech 6X8 DD Butterfly coil . It works great on the MXT and the M6 . It will be my primary coil unless I hit the beach where I will use the stock 950 concentric . Happy Hunting and nice weather to you also .