Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Gold And Silver Kind Of Day!

John-Edmonton

Staff member

Lady luck was with me today. I met my buddy at t an old neighborhood, and we headed down to the river for some gold prospecting. When we returned, I noticed a younf feller cutting grass at this old boarded up house. Judging from the tree's size, it was "huge" so probably old. I asked him if we could metal detect on the property. He went and called his mom and see said yes, but only the front. Our plan was to do some metal detecting anyways, so this was bonus. I got a couple of silver dimes, a 1941 Wheat Cent, part of an old kids ring and some other newer clad. My buddy had to leave early, so I am not sure how he fared out.

Here's the gold. We left our highbankers at home. We each screened river gravel to about 1/16" in our buckets. We each ran our screened sand through a fluid bed concentrator, which we set up beside the river. If you want to see how a fluid bed concentrator works, just click on the link below for a real short demonstration. The pic above is my portion, which was cleaned up using my blue bowl.

Well done on the silvers! I am so jealous of your local being able to find gold, very exciting!
HH Jeff

Well, book some holidays in Edmonton late in the summer or fall when the river slows down, bring pan and detector and go for it!