Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A good combination Golden & 3x18 coil

Got out today whith the golden and the 3x18 coil stoped at a sand lot thear was two sand lots 60 ft x 60 ft and seel used but someone beat me to them i hunted just over one hr and my back is just fine thanks to Docs swingy thing it really makes a big differance if you do not have one you are punishing yourself , i was able to find what the other guy left and i was finding coins at 3" so I was happy only 95cents but hay , this is a great combo now to complet it i need a garret pro pointer ,,, Now the other day i was out in the deep forest and was searching the eroding riverbank and was almost ended by this horrific Hog nose snake It got its name from the dead loggers whom after being bit would srith in paine as thear noses and airways would swell shut so that when found dead they looked like they had a hog nose He took one look at me and figured i was already bit du to my grotesk aperance i let him crawl back into his logg and went on my way having no greater emnity whith It Gunnar spencer brook MN

well how about that are those really poisnous are not, the snake looks like to not mess with him at all he reminds me of a pit viper but other than the snake great finds man

amcjavelin said:
well how about that are those really poisnous are not, the snake looks like to not mess with him at all he reminds me of a pit viper but other than the snake great finds man

they arent poisinous and actually if you prod them with a stick it will most likely roll on its back and play dead. They are very cool to catch and I dont think Ive ever been bit by one, very docile. we used to do alot of snake catching when I was younger, pine snakes, kings, water and black snakes. nothing poisinous.
the black snakes.....those Ive been bitten by more than I care to remember.

Neil

Gunnar of bradford MN said:
Got out today whith the golden and the 3x18 coil stoped at a sand lot thear was two sand lots 60 ft x 60 ft and seel used but someone beat me to them i hunted just over one hr and my back is just fine thanks to Docs swingy thing it really makes a big differance if you do not have one you are punishing yourself , i was able to find what the other guy left and i was finding coins at 3" so I was happy only 95cents but hay , this is a great combo now to complet it i need a garret pro pointer ,,, Now the other day i was out in the deep forest and was searching the eroding riverbank and was almost ended by this horrific Hog nose snake It got its name from the dead loggers whom after being bit would srith in paine as thear noses and airways would swell shut so that when found dead they looked like they had a hog nose He took one look at me and figured i was already bit du to my grotesk aperance i let him crawl back into his logg and went on my way having no greater emnity whith It Gunnar spencer brook MN

Well done Gunnar.

Do the bobby pins come in good in disc mode, how were you set when hunting?

Neil

Neil, I hunt whith the disq all the way to the left so i can get as deep as possible the golden gives me the 4 tones so i dont need disq the boby pins come in loud and clear but if im disqing masking is bad thats why i like the ED 180 better depth but the golden has a advertized ED 120

No the snake is not poisonouse, they eat gophers and mice but it looks like a rattler and it is a hog nose named for its nose good thing around hear never kill a hoge nose nake they keep the rats and mice in check