Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A good hunt with a buddy

Dig

Hi Everyone! I recently got a chance to coax my friend West Central John away from his home office and do a little Detecting. John has several businesses he is running and seldom has time to actually have fun, so it was a real treat to get out hunting with him. I had been doing some close scrutiny of the wind,tide, and wave action, we had been having and made a best guess (just shy of darts thrown at a map), on an area I thought might be producing. SO we headed out and had at it. I was first out onto the beach (John had stayed behind to eat a sandwich in a kind of preemptive strike on lunch) and I waded out and popped the first gold pictured, a nice little 14k artcarved wedding band, on my third target. I knew we were in the right area and the next few hours had us digging lots of encrusted coin, pull tabs, bullet casings, big lead weights and the odd soda can. Not too long after midday, I was re-entering the water from dumping my trash and got a nice low tone that turned out to be my second gold ring of the day (2nd rig pictured), a 10k wedding band. Not to be outdone John finally pulled the whopper of the day, a 16.9 gram 10k class ring, which he took a shot of while still in the scoop. Tell me that picture doesn't make you happy just looking at it. I have to give a shout out to John for taking some in the field photos (me in the water,the class ring in the scoop, and the sunset). There were other nice finds. We both found a few silvers, but I couldnt fit them all in with the picture limit. It was a detectorists dream day, great weather, lots of targets, clear water, and some great camaraderie. Thanks for having a look and stay tuned, this is not the only gold bearing trip this spot produced for me this week! More to follow!

Bingo.... another nice pay day. Looks like you are having a good month. Id say John had a big smile on his face with that huge chunk of gold.

Dew

Sweet gold finds there Dig..congrats
to you both! Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

nice hunt guys!

Will be heading over there in March. Hope you leave a little for us.
Fantastic hunt!