Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A good set of phones make all the difference on the Deus

Ray-Mo.

Amazing how much better I am able to tell the good from the bad by sound alone. The back phones are great unless ambient noise/wind or cold temps becomes an issue and then I grab the Vance Muffs . The tonal quality is awesome to say the least. A coin,button and 3 ringer sounds so clear and round while can slaw and pull tabs sound fuzzy or less solid . It is a bit hard to describe but once your ears get tuned in the good targets to trash dug ratio improves drastically :thumbup:

That is the main reason why i went for the WS5 full cup headphones,although they dont cut out every bit of back ground noise,they do a very good job,i still say the Deus is mainly a audio machine,i do have a controller but never use it while out detecting.No screen is total reliable in the information it gives,but the audio the Deus gives is pretty good.

Agreed! I had the WS5's on my last Deus and loved the sound. My current Deus came with the WS4's so I bought a set of Vance Muffs. Love the sound.

So does the Deus pair up with the Vance muffs without any thing else needing to be done? I have a Deus on the way with the WS4 system and would like full coverage muffs too since the unit I bought was a demo and only came with the back phones. How does pairing a aftermarket set of muffs work? Thank you.

mtsheron said:
So does the Deus pair up with the Vance muffs without any thing else needing to be done? I have a Deus on the way with the WS4 system and would like full coverage muffs too since the unit I bought was a demo and only came with the back phones. How does pairing a aftermarket set of muffs work? Thank you.

You dont need to pair up anything,if your new Deus that came with the WS4 headphones have all ready been paired then that is all that is required.You just unclip the WS4 control module and clip it onto the Vance Muff headphopnes and that is all you have too do.

You can also put the WS4 remote onto XP's $22 adapter clip and plug in a set of the headphones of your choice and you still won't be tethered to the machine.

Here is a series of photos showing the process so it is easier to visualize. I had the same question before I got my Vance Muffs.

The wireless module for the Deus just snaps off. You put you thumb where mine is and push to snap the module off.

WS4-1.jpg

This is the module snapped off.

WS4-2.jpg

Then the module just snaps on to the adapter, in this case my Vance Muffs.

WS4-3.jpg

So thanks for the replies and let me see if I have this right...........Get the Vance muffs; then you get a second module clip and simply attach to the Vance muffs; then unclip your module from the WS4 set and put on the Vance muffs with the clip and your in business????? No wiring from the new clip attached to the new muffs or anything. That simple?????? Let me know.

mtsheron said:
So thanks for the replies and let me see if I have this right...........Get the Vance muffs; then you get a second module clip and simply attach to the Vance muffs; then unclip your module from the WS4 set and put on the Vance muffs with the clip and your in business????? No wiring from the new clip attached to the new muffs or anything. That simple?????? Let me know.

Not exactly but close.....the Vance phones come with the adapter already attached and a few other brands (Chefphone , Gray Ghosts , etc.) are also offered with no cord but an attached adapter.
If you want to use phones that DON'T have the adapter permanently mounted on them , you can buy just the adapter from XP , mount/snap the module from the WS4 on that adapter and with the appropriate size plug (1/8" or 1/4") use whatever corded phones you want , including earbuds.

The Vance Muffs already has the module clip mounted to them, all you need to do is remove the control module from the XP back phones and then just snap it right on the Vance Muffs

Thanks. I was wondering where it went into the Vance system to hear! Makes sense.

So how does this $22 XP adapter itself affix on my existing h.p.'s (in my case Sunray Pro Golds)---by double sided tape or???----Trying to figure out how the adapter mounts on (any) various h.p.'s?----I (think) I understand the rest.:)

The remote/receiver from the WS4 attaches to the separate adapter , now $24 , that has a 1/8" female plug for either a cord that size or for an adapter to 1/4" for most standard phones. Then you can just stick the WS4 remote/receiver mounted on the $24 adapter in your pocket with the cord of the phones you choose to use plugged into it---similar to the wireless set-up of the CTX. you can't do it with the WS5's obviously as the remote is not removable which is why the WS4 option is so much more versatile. I personally don't like the fit of the Vance muffs but the tones are fine. In the Summer when it's hot and ambient noise isn't a problem , ear buds work well with the adapter set-up--it's light and small and you can just stick it in the pocket of a T-shirt with the cable folded up inside.;;;; that is of course unless you prefer to just use the backphones

Hey fellas and Ladies I broke my arm in 3 spots and I am having my last surgery tomorrow at 2 if anyone needs a pair I am still shipping from my shop with no delay. We tested 300 different speakers and ohmages, you are wasting your money on the 22$ clip, I guarantee you there isnt another pair of headphones that sound like mine on the market and I stand behind that with a 100% moneyback GUARANTEE if you dont like the vance muffs send them back for a full REFUND!!! It doesn't get any better than that..... I also do a lifetime warranty on them, so please don't be scared to hit the woods and relic hunt, THEY ARE TOUGH!! Vance

502-262-0356

vancemetaldetecting.com said:
Hey fellas and Ladies I broke my arm in 3 spots and I am having my last surgery tomorrow at 2 if anyone needs a pair I am still shipping from my shop with no delay. We tested 300 different speakers and ohmages, you are wasting your money on the 22$ clip, I guarantee you there isnt another pair of headphones that sound like mine on the market and I stand behind that with a 100% moneyback GUARANTEE if you dont like the vance muffs send them back for a full REFUND!!! It doesn't get any better than that..... I also do a lifetime warranty on them, so please don't be scared to hit the woods and relic hunt, THEY ARE TOUGH!! Vance

502-262-0356

I doubt those who have purchased the adapter , or XP for that matter , would agree that is a "waste of money".
The versatility it brings to the user is worth the cost alone---- to say nothing of the fact that it's existence is what makes your phones possible in the first case. :)

sprchng said:

502-262-0356

I doubt those who have purchased the adapter , or XP for that matter , would agree that is a "waste of money".
The versatility it brings to the user is worth the cost alone---- to say nothing of the fact that it's existence is what makes your phones possible in the first case. :)

I think he is talking about the sound quality you would get by using the clip.....

Jim

Sleepyjim said:
sprchng said:

502-262-0356

I think he is talking about the sound quality you would get by using the clip.....

Jim

Perhaps , but since sound quality is a subjective and individualized sense , I can't agree with the statement regardless.
My opinion , of course. I believe the clip is the best accessory I have bought for the Deus to this point as it has allowed me to make in field comparisons and find the phones which give me the best sound , and it's not the Vance muffs , although the sound they produce is quite acceptable. The interesting point is that had I bought the clip first and found the same phones which I prefer the most , I would not consider the money I spent on the Vance muffs a waste either because I would have always wondered how they sounded.