Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A good water machine to get started?

I have been into MD'ing for almost 2 years now and am considering trying a water detector. I live very close to the largest lake in my state and there are alot of beaches to hunt and noone really hunts them. I currently own an Explorer 2 and really like it alot but don't know if I want to shell out the money for an Excalibur to start with. What machine would be a good comprimise between cost and performance? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

K. Isaac

For fresh water and 1/2 the price of the Excal it's about the best going to get your feet wet for the price. Very sensitive to small gold and chains.

Chuck in Cape Coral

My wife (Gulf Huntress) uses a Head Hunter Wader and does real well at the lake. You must have something that will discriminate in lakes as they are very trashy. The unit can be purchased for 1/2 of what you will spend for an Excal. My dealer is Mr.Bill at Surf Scanner Detectors, give him a call. GH